’Tis the season for rain, snow and slippery streets.
The chance of slipping, tripping and falling increases during the winter months. Brock’s Health, Safety and Wellness (HSW) team has created some tips to help prevent any slips, trips or falls this season.
To stay safe this winter, consider the following:
- Plan by checking the weather forecast and creating extra travel time if snow is forecasted.
- Take extra care when getting in and out of a vehicle.
- Don’t rush. Slow down, focus while walking and place each step carefully.
- Keep feet planted shoulder-width apart to increase stability.
- Don’t take shortcuts and pay attention to your surroundings.
- Avoid carrying large objects that reduce visibility and limit the ability to land safely in case of a fall.
- Avoid texting and walking.
- Wear appropriate winter footwear for outdoor conditions.
To help ensure safety on Brock’s campuses, any unsafe conditions can be reported to Facilities Management Grounds and Customer Service at 905-688-5550 x3717. If a report must be made outside of regular business hours, Campus Security Services’ emergency line can be reached at 905-688-5550 x3200.
If an incident, injury or health and safety hazard is observed, please report it to a person of authority, such as an area supervisor or Brock employee. Circumstances should be reported through an injury/incident report found here.
Completed reports and questions can be directed to email@example.com