Brock University is implementing measures for students who are unable to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Students who have reasonable grounds to not wear PPE are asked to contact Darryl Veld, Associate Director, Student Affairs to receive a red identifier bracelet that they are expected to keep with them on campus at all times.
The Student Code of Conduct supports the creation of an environment that ensures the safety, security and well-being of our campus and community.
Some exemptions from PPE face coverings include:
- The person is unable to wear a face covering because it would inhibit their breathing for medical reasons.
- The person is unable to remove a face covering without help.
- The person cannot safely wear a face covering for any other medical reasons, such as having respiratory disease, cognitive difficulties, or difficulties in hearing or processing information.
- For religious reasons, the person cannot wear a face covering or do so in a manner which would properly control the source.
- The person is a child under the age of two.