The Goodman School of Business gathered last week to celebrate the Faculty’s extensive research accomplishments.
The Goodman Holiday Celebration, held in the Atrium on Thursday, Dec. 5, saw the presentation of a variety of research awards to faculty members based on their 2018 research and scholarly contributions.
Each year, Goodman faculty undertakes scores of innovative research initiatives. Their work, published and presented in world-class academic journals and forums, fosters professional excellence and a student learning experience second to none.
“These six awards recognize extraordinary research excellence,” says Narongsak (Tek) Thongpapanl, Goodman’s Associate Dean of Research and Graduate programs. “They are a wonderful way to show what we are able to accomplish together on the education and research front.”
The Faculty Research Award winners are:
- Dave Bouckenooghe – Goodman Distinguished Scholar
- Jin Lei – Goodman Emerging Scholar
- Samir Trabelsi – Accounting Department Researcher of the Year
- Mohamed Ayadi – Finance, Operations and Information Systems (FOIS) Department Researcher of the Year
- Trish Ruebottom – Marketing, International Business and Strategy (MIBS) Department Researcher of the Year
- Dirk De Clercq – Organizational Behaviour, Human Resource Management, Entrepreneurship and Ethics (OBHREE) Department Researcher of the Year
To recognize the accomplishments of all Goodman researchers, all papers published in 2018 are on display in the CPA Ontario Gallery (the hallway located off of the main Goodman Atrium).