Brock University is seeking nominations and applications for the position of Dean, Faculty of Education to commence on July 1, 2017.
The Dean’s Office provides academic and administrative oversight of the Faculty of Education, which is known for fostering scholarly excellence, diversity and innovation in action.
The Faculty of Education is committed to collaborative leadership and planning with responsive and innovative programs in an empowering environment. Brock University is seeking a Dean who will represent, support and further the vision of this Faculty, through his/her academic accomplishments and leadership ability.
Reporting to the Provost and Vice President, Academic, the Dean, Faculty of Education, will work with the Brock University community to enrich student experiences and build upon programming that offers advanced learning, research and scholarship opportunities.
Strong collaboration and communication skills, combined with the ability to lead change and focus on the Faculty’s vision, will be key to the success of this role.
The successful candidate shall be at the rank of, or be eligible for appointment to, Full Professor, and have:
• A proven record of excellence in administration, teaching and service leadership, and faculty engagement
• Scholarship in the field of education coupled with a proven record of impactful teaching, research excellence, graduate student supervision and faculty mentorship
• Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to foster and maintain positive relationships with faculty, staff and students
• The ability to motivate and engage others, while sharing in the excitement about the status and progress of education in Canada and beyond
• Previous leadership experience on relevant provincial/national committees
• Proven experience in fostering and maintaining community engagement
• A strong strategic and creative approach to leverage opportunities, identify and address challenges
• Ability to lead impactful change, both operationally and strategically
The appointment, for an initial five-year term, will commence on July 1, 2017. Consideration of candidates will begin immediately, with a deadline for applications on October 26, 2016.
All expressions of interest, applications and nominations, will be held in strict confidence and should be directed to Provost and Vice- President, Academic at Provost@brocku.ca.
Click here to view the posting.