As a government labour dispute with foreign service officers continues to slow the issuing of visas for foreign students coming to Canada, Brock’s office of International Services and Programs Abroad and Goodman School of Business have issued the following information for international students and visiting scholars.
If you already have a Study Permit, you are OK. And if you are in Canada now and have a valid study permit, you may renew it here in Canada.
If you are coming to study at Brock for less than 6 months, you do not need a study permit. However, citizens from certain countries still need a temporary resident visa (entry visa) to enter Canada. If you are unsure if you need such a visa, please check: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visas-all.asp
If you have applied for a visa and have not yet received it, please read the messages below.
If you have any questions, please contact the one of the emails listed. We wish to help in any way possible.
- The Fall 2013 IELP term begins Tuesday, Sept. 3.
- If you do not have your visa by then, you may start at any time until Oct. 21.
- If you cannot be here by Oct. 21, you may start in January 2014.
If you have any questions, please contact ESL Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Classes begin Wednesday, Sept. 4. If you cannot arrive by that date, we will allow you to begin your undergraduate studies as late as Monday, Sept. 16, 2013.
- If you are unable to arrive by Sept. 16 you may defer the start of studies until January 2014. You must notify us if this is your intention. If you need an official deferral letter to take to the Canadian Visa Office, please contact email@example.com
- If you are an exchange or study abroad student and will study at Brock for only one term, you do not need a study permit.
If you have questions, please contact the Brock Admissions office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Graduate Students (except Goodman School of Business)
- Classes begin Wednesday, Sept. 4.
- If you are unable to arrive by Sept. 4, please contact the Faculty of Graduate Studies at email@example.com
Graduate Students – Goodman School of Business
- IMAcc and MBA ISP classes begin Aug. 1. Late arrivals are not permitted. To request a deferral to August 2014, please contact the Goodman Graduate Programs Office through https://portal.bus.brocku.ca
- MAcc, MBA and MSc classes begin on Sept. 4. If you cannot arrive by that date, we will allow you to begin your business graduate studies as late as Sept. 16, 2013. If you are unable to arrive by Sept. 16 you may defer your studies to a future term. Submit a request for deferral to the Goodman Graduate Programs Office through https://portal.bus.brocku.ca