Mark your calendars for these upcoming events:
Aug. 15, 2010
A Day at the Races
555 Rexdale Blvd., Toronto
1 to 5 p.m.
Register at brockpeople.ca
The Toronto Alumni Network’s premier event returns on Aug. 15. What better way to spend a sunny Sunday afternoon than to reconnect with Brock and fellow graduates during “A Day at the Races” at Woodbine Racetrack. Bid on horses, sip a cocktail and enjoy a delicious buffet in the comfort of our exclusive trackside tent.
So call up your past intramural buddies, student club members, classmates and housemates, and tell them you expect to see them at the racetrack this summer. Non-Brock alumni are also invited to attend, so bring your spouse, friend, cousin — even your neighbour.
A $40 registration fee includes access to the trackside tent, all you can eat buffet and a $5 betting voucher ($55 value). Order your tickets by registering at brockpeople.ca or for more information contact Lynne Irion at 905-688-5550 x3251 or email email@example.com
Aug. 16, 2010
Registration for Fall 2010 Continuing Education classes opens
A message from the director:
In your pursuit of knowledge, either for personal or professional reasons, we encourage you to engage both sides of your brain and discover a hidden talent.
Take time to discover a new passion; perhaps learn a new language, enjoy a photography course, focus on a healthier you. There are plenty of options from which to choose. As an institution of learning, and one committed to community outreach, we take pride in our commitment to offering new and dynamic learning opportunities that engage the community.
Director, Community and Ancillary Services
Registration for fall classes begins August 16. For a course calendar visit us at brocku.ca/continuing-education/brochure
Aug. 20, 2010
10 years of OEVI graduating excellence
Pond Inlet, Brock University
Tickets cost $65 each
To purchase, go online to brocku.ca/ccovi
It’s time to celebrate 10 years of Oenology and Viticulture (OEVI) program graduating excellence and the grape and wine industry. Join fellow OEVI grads and friends for an evening of culinary treats, local wines and camaraderie. “Chefs Without Hats” will take off their aprons and pick up their musical instruments to entertain us.
A portion of the ticket price from this evening will extend the legacy of Brock’s Cool Climate Oenology and Viticulture Institute through the support of future student awards. This is your opportunity to give back and have fun doing it.
For more information please contact Jennifer Roberts at 905-688-5550 x4949 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sept. 11, 2010
Brock Alumni Golf Tournament
Thundering Waters Golf Course
6225 Progress St., Niagara Falls
Register online at brockalumni.ca
Join us on Saturday, Sept. 11 at Thundering Waters Golf Course in Niagara Falls for the Brock Alumni Golf Tournament. With 1 p.m. shot gun start, the format is best ball scramble — so you don’t have to be a pro to play. $600 per foursome includes 18 holes of golf with a GPS programmed cart, pre-game snack, barbecue on the green dinner, prizes and contests, as well as the opportunity to win $10,000. Register online at brockalumni.ca
Sept. 17 to 26, 2010
Mark your calendars for Brock Days 2010. Come back to Niagara to celebrate the Niagara Wine Festival and Brock Days Alumni Weekend, Sept. 17 to 19. For more information, visit brocku.ca/brock-days and the article, There’s something for everyone at Brock Days.
Ten reasons to attend Brock Days
- There is something for everyone — From barbecues to formal receptions and concerts to sporting events and pub nights, we have something for you. Visit brocku.ca/brockdays for suggested itineraries.
- Reunite with fellow Brock grads — Whether you’re one of this year’s reunion classes (i.e. if you graduated in a year ending in zero or five) or simply want to reacquaint with former classmates, teammates or roommates, take part in Alumni Pub Night and visit Reunion Station to reconnect with old friends.
- It’s a Bold New Brock — Even if you’ve graduated within the past few years, Brock’s campus has undergone some incredible changes since your last visit. Brock’s student population has grown to more than 17,000 students and there are new buildings popping up everywhere. Take a campus tour and see the changes for yourself.
- Relive the excitement of Alphie’s Trough — Beloved long-time Brock performer Pat Hewitt returns for an intimate pub night at Brock’s original campus pub.
- Go back to class and learn something new — Brock’s professors Don Ursino and Michael Armstrong speak about “Cancer: a disease of probability” and “How old is your candy bar?”
- Connect with distinguished graduates — Join us at the Alumni Celebration Dinner as we honour this year’s Distinguished Alumni Award recipients and celebrate the 25th, 30th, 35th, and 40th anniversary classes.
- Taste wine and meet the person behind the bottle — Attend one of 12 wine seminars in Montebello Park featuring our alumni winemakers.
- Bring the kids to the annual Niagara Wine Festival Grande Parade — Join us on the parade float or along the route. A great family tradition for the young and young at heart.
- Revel in the best food and wine Niagara has to offer — Fine Food, Fine Wine, Fine Arts is an extraordinary taste experience. Niagara region’s finest chefs will personally prepare delicious offerings and complement them with a wine selection from one of Niagara’s premier wineries.
- Cheer on the Brock Badgers as they compete against several other universities. Athletic events include Men’s Hockey, Steel Blade Tournament at the Seymour-Hannah Centre and on-campus events such as Women’s Volleyball and Men’s and Women’s Soccer and Baseball.
Oct. 4, 2010
Sixth annual Faculty of Business Golf Tournament
Rattlesnake Point Golf Club in Milton
The $1,000/foursome fee includes golf at Club Link’s prestigious Rattlesnake Point Golf Club, morning muffins and coffee, lunch, dinner and a golfer’s gift. Bring a former Brock friend, a current colleague or client, and be sure to join us on Oct. 4 for what will be another fantastic day of golf.
Over the past five years, close to $150,000 has been raised to fund student scholarships and finance Business student activities.
To see a video from last year’s event and download a registration form, please visit the Faculty of Business website.