Last updated: March 2, 2022 @ 12:04PM
Academic Bridging is available as an admissions consideration for non-matriculated(mature) students who lack the minimum admission requirements for entry to a full-time undergraduate degree program. Academic Bridging requires students to complete a transitional year where academic course work is completed with additional support. In addition to introductory, first year courses, applicants will also fulfill missing pre-requisite requirements for admission to their desired academic program (as indicated at the time of their application), in combination with major, elective, and context credits. Non-credit tutorials must also be successfully completed during the transitional year. Upon successful completion of the academic and non-credit tutorial requirements of Academic Bridging, students can progress to full-time studies without conditions in the undergraduate academic program indicated at the time of their application.
A non-matriculated (mature) student electing to pursue an undergraduate degree conditionally admitted into Academic Bridging must achieve a minimum 60 percent average on their first three academic credits, including fulfilling missing prerequisites where applicable, and successfully complete non-credit tutorial requirements. Successful completion of these requirements would allow a student to progress into full-time studies without conditions in the academic program indicated at the time of application.
- The 3 academic credits taken during the Academic Bridging program must be numbered 1(alpha)00 to 1(alpha)99.
- The 3 academic credits taken during Academic Bridging must fulfill any missing or insufficient pre-requisite requirements for the desired undergraduate academic program being pursued.
- Academic Bridging does not provide a transitional pathway into competitive and co-op degree programs.
- Upon completion of Academic Bridging, students may apply for a change of major to attempt to gain entry to competitive and co-op undergraduate degree programs.
- Consulting the corresponding academic calendar that aligns with their program of study will determine academic and graduation requirements beyond being conditionally admitted into Academic Bridging.
- Consulting with the corresponding academic advisor that aligns with their academic program is advised to ensure fulfillment of appropriate academic requirements beyond Academic Bridging.