The Advisory Committee on the Vice-Provost & Associate Vice-President, Academic is inviting input from the Brock community as outlined in the Policy on the Appointment of Academic Administrators.
Professor Brian Power has held the role of Vice-Provost & Associate Vice-President, Academic since July 1, 2018. Professor Power is eligible for re-appointment for a second five-year term. As part of the review process, the Advisory Committee invites feedback from Brock students, staff, faculty members, and librarians for the purpose of evaluating the performance of the incumbent.
The portfolio of the Vice-Provost & Associate Vice-President, Academic includes a number of files, including (but not limited to):
- Coordination of the University’s relationship with the Ontario Universities Council on Quality Assurance (i.e., the ‘Quality Council’), including shepherding new program proposals to approval;
- Coordination of the University’s Institutional Quality Assurance Process (IQAP), including managing program reviews;
- Chairing the activities of the Academic Review Committee (ARC) of Senate;
- Chairing the Associate Deans group and coordinating the activities of Associate Deans across Faculties; and
- Involvement with a number of faculty processes, including tenure reviews and sabbatical approvals.
Individual or collective confidential submissions may be made in writing to the committee through the Office of the Provost, and meetings with the committee can also be requested. Anonymous submissions will not be accepted and while submissions will be held in strict confidence, they will be shared with committee members in their entirety, including attributions.
Comments and meeting requests may be submitted directly to the Office of the Provost at email@example.com no later than Monday, March 6.