Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development.
Strong partnerships on all levels are required to meet the expectations of each sustainable goal. Assisting and cooperating between groups ensure resources needed to achieve sustainable development. It remains crucial that governments, civil society, scientists, academia, and the private sector unite to form best practice decisions.
Initiatives at Brock University
Brock University has several Innovative Partnerships to implement and revitalize sustainable development.
The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) Chair on community sustainability at Brock collaborates on initiatives to strengthen sustainable science and build upon its practical transformation to society. The mandate focuses on sustainable agriculture from the community’s natural resource management in China, Africa, and Ecuador, with a passion to empower women.
Excellence in Environmental Stewardship Initiative (EESI)
Brock University partnered with Niagara Parks Commission in agreement to further knowledge in establishing practices for protecting the environment through the EESI.
Partnerships for Freshwater Resilience
The Partnership for Freshwater Resilience is between Brock University and the world Wildlife Fund – Canada to overcome increasing threats to freshwater due to hardships on the resources from climate change.
Brock University partnered with The Niagara Parks Commission (NPC) and The Ontario Trails Council (OTC) to enhance material and nonmaterial benefits of Trail Assets and Tourism Initiatives. It is a five-year program to advance knowledge and policies to improve capacity of trails and promote NPC.
Brock University Project Charter
Brock University Project Charter is a partnership set to last 5 years that incorporates academics with the operating for sustainability at Brock.
THE IMPACT RANKINGS
As part of Brock’s 2022 submission to THE Impact Rankings, we shared information on how the university is working toward achieving partnership for the goals. This information ranked us in the top 200 of over 1,400 institutions around the world and gave us a score of 87.9/100.
Some key information we summitted includes:
- Brock is a proud member of the Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) Canada, which is a global movement to build a network of universities, research centers, civil society organizations, and knowledge institutions that work together to promote practical solutions for sustainable development.
- Brock is a Living Planet @ Campus partner with World Wildlife Fund (WWF) Canada. Brock’s partnership with WWF-Canada helps tackle the SDGs, as it promotes student engagement in conservation activities or efforts on campus, in their communities, and globally.
- Brock hosted an SDG Training Day workshop and conference in 2019 which was designed to educate and inspire attendees so that they can further progress the SDGs and make a difference in their individual choices, in their community, and on a global scale.
Initiatives in the Niagara Region
Niagara Knowledge Exchange Partners & Projects
Niagara Knowledge Exchange Partners & Projects is a way for people to access news and form ideas on Niagara-focused planning, collaboration, learning, innovation, and community action. Through Niagara Connects they have dedicated time to advertise and list many partnerships to reach out and engage the community.
Did you know that global foreign direct investment is expected to decrease up to 40% in 2020?
- Join the Living Planet @ Campus Partnership through the World Wildlife Fund – Canada! This arrangement allows students of all disciplines to gain opportunities to become a leader in conservation activities on campus, in the community, and global affairs.
- Students are encouraged to register in the Living Planet Leader certification that is recognized nationally!
- Engage in local and global news for current information with consideration of the SDGs.
- Practice teamwork at home and share activities with family and others.
- Practice goal making skills to be precise and clear.
- Talk of the goals with family and friends.
- Elect leaders that will uphold priority to the SDGs.
- Look to organizations local and global that share the same goals as you.
- Become engaged and actively support in partnerships going around in your community.
- Take some time to research partnerships that inspire you and see if you can participate in their goals.
- Share knowledge, technology, and financial resources to build stronger partnerships.
- Notice synergies between you and other people in different industries of work.
- Think of ways to partner with others to benefit both parties.
- Look to the company you work for to attempt to develop meaningful relations with organizations, companies, municipalities, universities, and collages to help each other work towards achieving the sustainable goals by alleviating resources and knowledge-based practices.