A-Z Learning Services hosts student-centred events throughout the year, such as Night Against Procrastination and First Generation Student Trailblazers’ events. Additionally, we work with multiple partners across the university and within the community to meet students where they are and to support them in whatever way we can.
Night Against Procrastination
Night Against Procrastination is a fun exciting annual event in November focused on encouraging students to get started on big term assignments early. We provide workspace, professional writing staff, tutors, relaxation sessions (e.g. “Make your own stress ball), mini workshops (e.g. “Quick Guide to APA Citation”), soup, hot chocolate, popcorn, and sweet swag! Come join more than 400 students as we all gather together to get ‘er done.
Due to Covid-19, the format for Night Against Procrastination 2020 is to be determined. Just know that we’ll have an event for sure, even if it’s virtual!
Over 25% of our student population is first in their family to attend post-secondary, and we believe that, as Trailblazers, they are not only changing the course of their own lives but also the lives of generations to follow. In honor of these students, we offer Trailblazers’ events such as a full-day Trailblazer First Generation Conference in the beginning of fall and winter term.
Due to Covid-19, the format for the Trailblazer First Generation 2020 Conference is to be determined. Just know that we’ll have an event for sure, even if it’s virtual!
The Transfer Success Program offers free academic support. All supports available online this Fall:
- Meet for 30 minutes with a Learning Skills Specialist to explore goals and create a personalized action/resource plan.
- After the consultation, you are eligible for 2 hours of free course-specific tutoring. Learning Services matches you with one of our tutors–a Brock student who has successfully completed the course of interest.
- Join tailored small group academic skills workshops based on transfer student feedback.
To get started, email email@example.com
- Aboriginal Student Services Consultation and Tutoring Services
- Campus Job Fair
- Cope, Care, Connect
- DSBN Academy Grade 9 Day and Grade 10 Day
- Fall Preview Day
- Scientifically Yours
- Spring Open House
- Strategies Conference