The Department of Geography and Tourism Studies and Brock’s Alumni and Donor Relations Office are proud to present the inaugural Alumni-Student Mixer.
Students, alumni, faculty, staff, and retirees of Geography and Tourism programs/departments are invited to attend.
As you know, we’ve had a few name changes throughout the years. Alumni who studied in any of the following departments are welcome:
- Geography and Tourism Studies
- Tourism Management
- Tourism and Environment
- Tourism Studies
- Environmental Policy Institute
- Institute of Urban and Environmental Studies
- Urban Studies
Thinking about coming to the Alumni-Student Mixer? Here are just a few reasons why you should attend:
- Broaden your network
- Free refreshments and appetizers will be served. Cash bar will be available
- Connect with alumni to learn more about life after graduation
- Reminisce with your old classmates and professors, share your experiences with our current students and recent grads
- The chance to win some great door prizes
- Enjoy a fun night back at Brock
- It’s free!
- 6:00 – 6:30pm Registration and Refreshments
- 6:30 – 7:00pm Introductory Remarks and Panel Discussion featuring:
- Rebecca Anello, Junior Meteorological Technologist, Environment and Climate Change Canada (Bachelor of Science in Physical Geography ’14)
- Greg Higginbotham, Marketing Manager, Scotiabank Convention Centre (Bachelor of Tourism Studies ’10)
- Kerrie Pickering, PhD Candidate in Sustainability, University of the Sunshine Coast (Bachelor of Science in Environmental Studies ’10; Master of Arts in Geography ’13)
- Edward Stubbing, Senior Transportation Planner, AECOM (Bachelor of Arts in Human Geography ’09)
- 7:00 – 8:15pm Networking Reception
- 8:15 – 8:30pm Door Prize Draws and Closing Remarks
This event is free for alumni and students! A cash bar will be available.
Limited spaces available. Please fill out this form to complete your registration by March 5, 2019.
You will be required to sign in upon your arrival at the event.
Parking is free in Zones 1 and 2 after 6:00pm. Since this event will be taking place in Pond Inlet, we recommend parking in Zone 1 near the end of Mackenzie Chown and the Cairns Complex (view Brock’s Interactive Campus Map).
Students and alumni will have the chance to win great door prizes at this event.