Associate Professor, Economics
Ph.D. in Economics at York University (2017)
M.A. in Economics from the University of Toronto (2011)
B.Sc. in Economics from the University of Manitoba (2010)
Long-run growth, the political economy of development, economic history and culture
- Understanding Ethnolinguistic Differences: The Roles of Geography and Trade, The Economic Journal, 2022, 132(643), 953-980
- Ethnolinguistic Favorism in African Politics, American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, 2018, 10(3), 370-402.
- Population Relatedness and Cross-Country Idea Flows: Evidence from Book Translations, Journal of Economics Growth, 2018, 23(4), 367-386.
- The Historical Roots of Ethnic Differences: The Role of Geography and Trade
- Couch Potato or Social Butterfly? The Impact of Television Content on Social Capital (with Mathias Iwanowsky)
- SSHRC Insight Development Grant, 2019-2021
- Empirical Methods: Microeconometrics
- Intermediate Macroeconomics II