Assistant Professor, Economics
Ph.D. in Economics at York University (2017)
M.A. in Economics from the University of Toronto (2011)
B.Sc. in Economics from the University of Manitoba (2010)
Long-run growth, the political economy of development, economic history and culture
- Ethnolinguistic Favorism in African Politics, American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, 2018, 10(3), 370-402.
- Population Relatedness and Cross-Country Idea Flows: Evidence from Book Translations, Journal of Economics Growth, 2018, 23(4), 367-386.
- The Historical Roots of Ethnic Differences: The Role of Geography and Trade
- Couch Potato or Social Butterfly? The Impact of Television Content on Social Capital (with Mathias Iwanowsky)
- York University, DEGIT XXIV (University of Southern Denmark) in 2019
- Wilfrid Laurier University, Canadian Economics Association Annual Meeting (McGill) in 2018
- SSHRC Insight Development Grant, 2019-2021
- Empirical Methods: Microeconometrics
- Intermediate Macroeconomics II