Associate Professor, Economics
Ph.D. Economics, University of Guelph, 2014
M.A. Economics, York University, 2009
Environmental Economics, Applied Game Theory, and Empirical Finance
Member of the Brock Environmental Sustainability Research Centre
- “Compliance and Truthfulness: Leveraging Peer Information with Competitive Audit Mechanisms” (with Timo Goeschl and Alice Solda), Journal of the Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, accepted for publication.
- “A Theory of Social License when Regulatory Pressure is Jointly Produced by an EPA and an NGO” (with A. Heyes), Journal of Regulatory Economics, 2018, 54(3), 219–243.
- “On Optimal Audit Mechanisms for Environmental Taxes”, Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, 2017, 84, 62–83.
- “Carbon Emissions and Stock Returns – Evidence from the EU Emissions Trading Scheme” (with I. Tsiakas), Journal of Banking and Finance, 2015, 58, 294–308.
- “Firms’ Emissions and Self-Reporting under Competitive Audit Mechanisms”, Environmental and Resource Economics, 62(4): 949–978, 2015. || Best Paper Award, Canadian Early Career Workshop in Environmental Economics, University of Ottawa, 2012.
- “How to Enforce Environmental Taxes – Game Theoretical Approaches.” Coalition Theory Network, Issue number: 10-03-2016, 2016.
- “Improving Audit Mechanisms for Environmental Information Disclosure Programs.” Sustainable Prosperity Institute, 2014.
- Does Portfolio Decarbonization Make Economic Sense for Investors? (with Ilias Tsikas).
- Returns on Carbon: A Copula-Based Assessment of Stock Market Reaction to Polluters (with Ivan Medovikov).
- The Squeaky Wheel Gets the Grease Reference Points Variations in Game Theoretic
Experimental Dictator Games (with Dirk Betz and Claudia Biniossek).
- The First will be Last: A Theoretical Perspective on Environmental Information Disclosure Programs.
- CESIfo Institute: Center for Energy, Climate and Resources, Munich, Germany. Paper presented: “Does Portfolio Decarbonization Make Economic Sense for Investors?”, May 2019.
- 6th World Congress of Environmental and Resource Economists, Gothenburg, Sweden.
Presentations Paper presented: “The Optimal NGO Chief: Strategic Delegation in a Game between
Regulator and NGO”, June 2018.
- 18th annual Meeting of the Association for Public Economic Theory, Paris, France. Paper presented: “The Optimal NGO Chief: Strategic Delegation in Social Advocacy”,
- 51st Annual Conference of the Canadian Economics Association, Antigonish. Paper presented: “The Optimal NGO Chief: Strategic Delegation in Social Advocacy”, June 2017
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) Insight Grant: “Carbon Emissions and Global Financial Markets” (Co-applicant, joint with Ilias Tsiakas). Five years project (2017–2022).
- Seed Funding from the Council for Research in the Social Sciences (CRISS), Brock
University, 2018. Value: $2,900.
- Environmental Economics
- Industrial Organization
- International Trade
- Introduction to Econometrics