Associate Professor & Chair
Office: Plaza 428
Department Administrative Assistant
Office: Plaza 451
Sessional Instructor & Undergraduate Academic Advisor
Office: Plaza 454
Associate Professor & Graduate Program Director
Office: Plaza 443
Research fields: International Trade, Industrial Organization, Economic Development and Applied Microeconomics
Research fields: International Economics, Migration, Macroeconomics, Labor Economics
Research fields: Economic History, Development Economics, Political Economy
Research fields: Development Economics, Political Economy, Economic History and Applied Microeconomics
Robert W. Dimand
Research fields: Development of macroeconomics, History of Game Theory, History of Women in Economics, Origins of the Efficient Markets Hypothesis
Diane P. Dupont
Research fields: Non-market valuation, Environmental Economics, Fisheries Economics
Research fields: Macroeconomics, Labor Economics
Research fields: Event study methodology, urban economics, industry studies
Associate Professor and Department Chair
Research fields: Price Discrimination/Strategies, Economics of Uncertainty and Information
Associate Professor and MBE Program Director
Research fields: Econometrics
Research fields: Labor Economics, Applied Econometrics, Economics of Education
Research fields:Time-series econometrics, financial econometrics and statistic
A. Marcel Oestreich
Research fields: Environmental Economics, Applied Game Theory, Industrial Organization and Empirical Finance
Research fields: Econometrics, Economic Development
Research fields: Macroeconomics, Financial Economics, Monetary Economics
Research fields: Law and Economics, Health Economics, Public Economics
Research fields: Macroeconomics, Taxation, Inequality, Entrepreneurship, Misallocation, Computational economics, Labor
Office: Plaza 444
Office: Plaza 454
Research interests: History of women in economics
Office: Plaza 444
Research interests: Financial economics, economic development
Office: Plaza 442
Research fields: Environmental Economics, Justice Theory, Macrodynamics/Business Cycles, Forestry and Global Warming, Sustainable Development
- Robert Dimand won the 2016 Brock University Award for Distinguished Research and Creativity.
- Robert Dimand received the 2016 Thomas F. Divine Award from the Association for Social Economics.
- Ivan Medovikov won the 2015 Faculty of Social Sciences Award for Teaching Excellence.
- Marilyn Cottrell won the 2014 Brock Award for Distinguished Teaching.
- Marilyn Cottrell won the 2013 Faculty of Social Sciences Award for Teaching Excellence.
- Professor Robert Dimand won the 2013 Faculty of Graduate Studies Mentoring Award. Established in 2011, the awards honour and recognize the essential role of mentorship in graduate education by graduate faculty supervisors.
- Professor Felice Martinello won OCUFA’s 2013 Lorimer Award. This award is in place to “honour and recognize outstanding contributions to improving the terms and conditions of employment of Ontario university faculty through bargaining”.
- Diane Dupont won the 2012 Brock University Award for Distinguished Research and Creativity.
- Robert Dimand won the Faculty of Social Sciences Award for Excellence in Teaching, 2012.
- Marilyn Cottrell won Brock University’s Don Ursino Award for Excellence in Teaching Large Classes (December 2009).
- Chancellor’s Chairs for Research Excellence have been awarded to Robert Dimand (2002-2005) and Diane Dupont (2006-2009).
- Mohammed Dore has won the Brock University Award for Distinguished Research and Creative Activity.