Department of Child and Youth Studies
1812 Sir Isaac Brock Way
St. Catharines, ON L2S 3A1
Office: CRN 324
BA Hon. (CHST), BA Hon. (SOCI), MEd
Ellen Carter provides administrative support for CHYS 2P15 Principles of Service Learning.
Ellen also provides critical support for the design and delivery of CHYS courses with an experiential education component, in particular CHYS 2P15 Principles of Service Learning and CHYS 3P92 Children and Youth with Special Needs, through the ongoing development, maintenance and administration of community-CHYS partnerships.
Students applying for a police check with vulnerable sector screening can contact Ellen for paperwork if required by the hometown police service.
Department Coordinator & Academic Advisor (First & Upper Year Students)
Office: CRN 321
BA (CHST/PSYC), BA Hon.(LING), MEd
Alison Lahn handles questions and advice about the Child and Youth Studies program. Once students become Child and Youth Studies majors, they are strongly encouraged to consult with Alison about program plans, timetabling issues, CHYS policies and procedures, career options … in fact, any information related to Child and Youth Studies. Questions about course content, assignments, and examinations, should be directed to your course instructor.
(Academic Advisor – First Year Students)
Office: CRN 323
Carol Penner’s responsibilities include the following administrative aspects of your CHYS experience:
- Graduation Degree Audits (reviewing your program to determine whether you meet the graduation requirements for your CHYS BA Pass or Honours Degree)
- Application process to major in CHYS
- Application process for CHYS Honours (Year 4)
- Job Posting process (Teaching Assistant, Marker-Grader)
- Registration difficulties and management of CHYS Waitlist
- Academic advising for first year CHYS majors.
Requests for appointments for Program Plans, Career Options, Academic Challenges, etc. should be made with the Department Coordinator, Alison Lahn.