Advanced Topics in Applied Linguistics: Introduction to Forensic Linguistics
What do the following questions have in common?
- How is language used in legal proceedings?
- How do the police use language during interrogations?
- How well do potentially vulnerable groups, such as people with communication disabilities, fare within the justice system?
- How much can courts rely on voice recognition and earwitness testimony?
- How is authorship determined for anonymous letters and other media?
These are some of the questions addressed within the fascinating field of Forensic Linguistics.
The Department of Applied Linguistics is offering our popular course LING 4V95 (Advanced Topics in Applied Linguistics: Introduction to Forensic Linguistics) again this spring.
Look for it in the list of D2 course offerings for Spring 2021. Coming soon.