Christina Peters Msc. Ed., BCBA-D, is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Applied Disabilities Studies. She is a Board-Certified Behavior Analyst at the doctoral level with over 15 years of experience working in the field of behavior analysis. Christina completed her master’s degree in special education at Temple University and her doctoral degree in behavioral psychology at the University of Nevada, Reno. Christina has extensive experience working in the field of traumatic brain injury rehabilitation. Christina has served as a member of executive council for the Association for Behavior Analysis International (ABAI) and routinely volunteers her time as a Subject Matter Expert for the Behavior Analysis Certification Board®. Her research interests center around interdisciplinary collaboration both in the basic laboratory and in the domain of applied behavior analysis. Her previous work has been published in a variety of peer-reviewed journals.
Christina’s scholarly interests emphasize interdisciplinary approaches to clinical applications and basic research. Some of her recent and ongoing projects include:
- Exploring the utility of mice as subjects in basic behavior analytic research.
- Enhancing tools and training opportunities for clinicians working within the field of brain injury rehabilitation.
- Examining relations between environmental events & performance on impulsive choice tests.
- Peters, C.M. & Hayes, L. J. (accepted for publication). Mice as subjects in collaborative research. Mexican Journal of Behavior Analysis.
- Lewon, M., Wang, Y., Peters, C., Peterson, M., Zheng, H., Hayes, L., & Yan, W. (2020). Assessment of operant learning and memory in mice born through intracytoplasmic sperm injection. Human Reproduction, 35 (8), 1-15.
- Lewon, M., Thomas, J., Peters, C.M., Hayes, L.J. (2020). Interactions between motivational and discriminative Functions of motivating operations in the renewal of operant responding in mice. The Psychological Record, 70, 21-31.
- Lewon, M., Spurlock, E.D., Peters, C.M., Hayes, L.J. (2019). Interaction between the effects of food and water motivating operations on food- and water-reinforced responding in mice. Journal of the Experimental Analysis of Behavior, 11(3), 1-15.
- Lewon, M., Peters, C., Van Ry, P., Burkin, D., Hunter, K., Hayes, L. (2017), Evaluation of the behavioral characteristics of the mdx mouse model of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy through operant conditioning procedures. Behavioral Processes, 142, 8-20.
- Schaub, C. Peters, C., Peters, S. (2012). Behavioral strategies for assessing and promoting community readiness in brain injury rehabilitation. NeuroRehabilitation, 31(1): 41-49.
- Peters, C.M., Schaub, C., Schmidt, M.J. (2016). Neurobehavioral Complications of Brain Injury. In S. Kolawowsky-Hayner, H. Reyst, M. Abashian (Eds.), The Essential Brain Injury Guide, 5th Ed. McLean, VA: Brain Injury Association of America
- Peters, C.M. (October, 2017). Effective Interdisciplinary Teamwork in Brain Injury Rehabilitation Settings. Talk at the May Center School for Brain Injury and Neurobehavioral Disorders, Brockton, MA.
- Peters, C.M. (April, 2014). Taking One Step Back: The Importance of Addressing Motivating Operations in Programming for the Brain Injured Individual. Talk presented at the Cal-Sac Joint Applied Behavior Analysis Conference, Sacramento, CA.
- Peters, C.M. (March, 2014). The integration of Behavior Analysis Within Post-Acute Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation. Talk presented to visiting scholars from Russia on behalf of the University of Nevada Reno and High Sierra Regional Center, Reno, NV.
- Peters, C.M. (September, 2013). Brain Injury 101. Talk presented for High Sierra Industries, Reno, NV.
- Peters, C.M. (October, 2013). The integration of Behavior Analysis within Post Acute Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation. Talk presented at the Nevada Association for Behavior Analysis Annual Conference, Reno, NV.
- Peters, S., Schaub, C., Peters, C. M. (March, 2009). Meeting the Neurobehavioral Challenges in Post Acute Brain Injury Treatment: A Behavioral Approach to Assessment, Treatment and Team Based Interventions. Workshop presented at the ReMeD 25th Anniversary Conference, Malvern, PA.
- Peters, C.M., Funk, J., Roose, K, Brown, L. (October, 2014) Interdisciplinary Issues. Workshop Provided at the 2014 Nevada Association for Behavior Analysis Annual Conference, Reno, NV.
- Schaub, C, Peters, C.M., Erdner, K. (May, 2014) From Stabilization to Generalization: The Role and Importance of Behavior Analysis in All Phases of Post-Acute Interdisciplinary Treatment Planning With Survivors of Traumatic Brain Injury. Workshop provided at the 40th Annual Association for Behavior Analysis International Meeting, Chicago, IL.
- Schaub, C, Peters, C.M. (May, 2012) From Stabilization to Generalization: The Role and Importance of Behavior Analysis in All Phases of Post-Acute Interdisciplinary Treatment Planning With Survivors of Traumatic Brain Injury. Workshop provided at the 40th Annual Association for Behavior Analysis International Meeting, Chicago, IL.
- Krych, D. K., Schaub, C., Peters, C.M., Peters, S. (May, 2011). Behavior Analysis: Applied Principles and Concepts for the Brain Injury Practitioner. Workshop presented at the 2011 Williamsburg Brain Injury Rehabilitation Conference, Williamsburg, VA.
Student Representative to the ABAI Executive Council, 2015-2018
Secretary/Treasurer Nevada Association of Behavior Analysis, 2013-2015
University of Nevada, Reno, Student Representative to the ABAI Student Committee, 2014
Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB), Re-specialization Task Force, 2020
BACB, Diversity of Practice Strategic Planning for Specialization in Acquired Brain Injury Group, 2019
ABAI Student Representative Nominating Committee, 2016 & 2018
ABAI Student Committee Outreach Event Chair, 2017-2018
ABAI Inaugural Student Welcome Event Chair, 2017
ABAI Student Dissemination Committee Chair, 2016 – 2017
ABAI Student Events Committee Chair, 2015-2016
Behavior Analysis Certification Board, Test Question Rehab Working Group, 2016
Academy for Brain Injury Specialist, Exam Question Writer, 2016