The Niagara Social Justice Forum (NSJF) has been held since 2007. This event provides an opportunity for community groups to engage with Brock faculty and students and with residents of Niagara. Since 2014, the SJRI has supported the NSJF by volunteering on the steering committee, making available SJRI Masters Fellows to assist with the event, and contributing financially to the event. SJRI sponsorship of this event has provided impact in the wider Niagara community, nurtured ongoing Brock-community partnerships, and contributed to increasing numbers of event attendees over the years. The following is a list of the NSJFs, which SJRI has sponsored to-date:
- Pass the Mic!, February 1, 2020
- 10th Anniversary Celebration, February 3, 2018
- Building Solidarities, February 6, 2016
- Putting the Act in Activism, January 31, 2015
- Beyond Survival: Local and Global Activism in Times of Austerity, January 25, 2014
Please click on the above poster to learn more about this event.