Each year, the Faculty Steering Committee (FSC) of the Social Justice Research Institute (SJRI) invites applications for affiliation from tenured and tenure-track Brock faculty, Emeritus Professors, LTAs, and professional librarians.
Affiliated Members are expected to share a commitment to social justice and transdisciplinary scholarship, and to involve themselves according to their capabilities in the governance of the SJRI by: putting their names forward for the FSC; attending the Annual General Meeting(s) (AGM); voting on affiliated membership, directorship, FSC membership, and changes to governance practices; serving on SJRI standing committees; and/or participating in and sharing information about SJRI events.
Affiliated Members are also eligible to:
- apply to be Principal Investigators on applications to the SJRI Grants Program;
- have access SJRI’s project facilitation and knowledge mobilization services and resources;
- propose motions to the FSC;
- propose and execute ideas for SJRI events, working groups, and workshops;
- attend FSC meetings as non-voting members.
Interested individuals may apply for SJRI affiliation by submitting the following information to SJRI’s Project Facilitator, Julie Gregory (email@example.com) by Thursday October 17:
- a current cv;
- a one-to-two page statement of intent outlining the relevance of their research to social justice and transdisciplinary scholarship and their planned involvement in SJRI.
The FSC will review all applications and forward the names of recommended applicants. Final voting on affiliated membership will take place by all affiliated members at SJRI’s Fall Annual General Meeting on Thursday October 31.
For More Information…
about SJRI’s purpose and activities, and other categories of SJRI membership, please contact one of the following people: