The SIS Modernization Project will occur in several phases given the:
- Multiple and standalone current technologies that need to be integrated
- Diversity and number of work processes that need to be harmonized (100+)
- Number of students accessing the systems that need to be engaged and supported (1,000s)
- Number of staff and faculty accessing the systems that need to be engaged and trained (100’s)
The four high-level Project Phases are Initiation, Assessment, Pre-Implemention and Implementation. Each phase will build upon the prior to reduce risk, engage people and manage the high work load of a project this size.
four high-level Project Phases
Discover the need and the opportunity.
- Understand the scope and level of complexity of Brock’s current state work processes and technology environment
- Understand student, faculty and staff requirements for the future
- Become aware of suitable technologies in the market place
- Clarify a project timeline, approach, resourcing and budget
- Build a feasibility business case to move to the next Phases
Assess the technology and required change at Brock phase. A professional firm is hired to facilitate this phase.
- Conduct a fit/gap assessment of external technology against Brocks technology needs
- Identify a student information system road map aligned to Brock’s strategic plan and engage students, faculty and staff
- Identify the data, work processes and organizational structure that needs to harmonized
- Prepare a Request For Proposal for a technology Implementation firm
Harmonization phase. A professional firm is hired to facilitate this phase.
- Through a series of workshops with stakeholders to harmonize:
- Data, work processes, policies, practices and structures that need to change at Brock before implementing the new technology
- Finalize the scope for the implementation of the new technology
Implement the new technology. A professional firm is hired to facilitate this phase.
The phases of an implementation include:
- Mobilize, plan, design, test, deploy and post deploy support
- Several cycles of design and review and typically included
Formalized and focused plans are executed:
- Testing plan that engages end-users
- Communication and change management plan
- Audit and quality assurance plan
- End-user training provided before Go Live
- Conversion plan before Go Live
- Post Go Live support plan