Membership to BURA may be available under the following categories:
- Any former Brock University employee who directly retired from the University;
- Anyone formerly employed by Brock University who left the University prior to retirement and is now retired;
- Anyone upon retirement who worked within the Brock University community;
- Any spouse/partner or surviving spouse/partner of a former Brock University employee who would have been eligible for membership according to the criteria outlined above;
- Any person appropriate, in terms of their involvement with Brock University, approved by a membership committee.
- Honorary membership shall include the current Chancellor, President, and Vice-Chancellor of the University and Chair of the Board of Trustees.
Receiving retirement income from the Brock University Pension Plan is NOT a requirement for BURA membership.