Project and position description (2 positions)
Under the direction of the Residence Life Management Team, the residence life summer student assistants may:
- Sit on the Orientation Co-ordination Committee as residence representatives
- Plan and organize orientation events for residence including but not limited to: risk management, budgeting, booking space, booking equipment, organizing supplies, marketing and advertising of residence events
- Assist in organizing, archiving, and storing residence life resources and files as needed
- Compile summer contact information for incoming RLS members, ensuring accuracy of contact information, dietary needs, etc.
- Support the Residence Life Management Team’s co-ordination and planning of the Residence Life staff August training program
- Assist in the development of departmental informational videos for dons training
- Assist in the development of learning opportunities
Job duties and skills
- Will receive training on computer programs.
At the end of the summer, the student will have learned:
- How to be an effective committee member
- How to work with campus partners
- How to run an effective event
- How to organize large-scale activities
- How to effectively organize data
- How to manage risks inherent in event planning
- How to work in an office environment
- How to film and edit short videos.
Rate of pay
Under review (previously $12/hour)
Anticipated start and end dates
- May 14, 2018 – September 14, 2018
- Approximately 20 to 25 hours per week from early/mid May to early September
- Flexible work hours
- Increased hours in July and August (about 35 hours/week).
- Currently enrolled as a Brock student.
- must have previous leadership experience (preference given to RLS and/or RAC members)
- sound knowledge of Residence Community Standards, Event Risk Management procedures and campus resources highly organized and attentive to detail
- demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- resourceful; skilled in researching and compiling data; proficient computer user
- background and/or experience in training, education, event planning and/or program development is an asset
- awareness of the goals and values of the Brock University residence community
We are now accepting applications for this summer. Applications (cover letter and resume) are due by 11:59pm on Sunday, March 11th, 2018 to email@example.com c/o Amanda Ziegler.