Under the direction of the Residence Life Management Team, the residence programming assistant will help develop, promote and execute various programs in residence, including:
- Programming events and activities in Captain John’s Lounge (DeCew Residence)
- Alcohol-free programming for special events (Halloween, Grey Cup, Super Bowl and St. Patrick’s Day)
- Frost Week programming
- Other residence programs and events throughout the academic year.
This position pays a rate of $11.75 an hour. The term of appointment will be January 2017 – April 2017.
Up to 10 hours per week during the school year.
- Currently enrolled full-time at Brock; residence students preferred
- Creative, highly organized, and attentive to detail
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Resourceful; skilled in researching; proficient computer user with graphic design/marketing experience preferred
- Background and/or experience in training, education, or program development is an asset
- Awareness of the goals and values of the Brock University residence community
- Experience in event planning is considered an asset.
Submit a resume and cover letter along with class schedule to Normand Doan via email firstname.lastname@example.org by 2pm, Friday, December 2, 2016