Project and position description (1 position)
Under the direction of the Residence Life Management Team, the residence life summer student assistant will:
- Sit on the Orientation Co-ordination Committee as a residence representative
- Plan and organize orientation events for residence including but not limited to: risk management, budgeting, booking space, booking equipment, organizing supplies, marketing and advertising of residence events
- Assist in organizing, archiving, and storing residence life resources and files as needed
- Compile summer contact information for incoming RLS members, ensuring accuracy of contact information, dietary needs, etc.
- Support the Residence Life Management Team’s co-ordination and planning of the Residence Life staff August training program
- Assist in the development of departmental informational videos for dons training.
- Assist with the planning of the Residence Life Conference for 2017.
Job duties and skills
- Will receive training on computer programs.
At the end of the summer, the student will have learned:
- How to be an effective committee member
- How to work with campus partners
- How to run an effective event
- How to organize large-scale activities
- How to effectively organize data
- How to manage risks inherent in event planning
- How to work in an office environment
- How to film and edit short videos.
Rate of pay
Anticipated start and end dates
- Approximately 20 to 25 hours per week from early/mid May to early September
- Flexible work hours
- Increased hours in July and August (about 35 hours/week).
- Currently enrolled as a Brock student.
- must have previous leadership experience (preference given to RLS and/or RAC members)
- sound knowledge of Residence Community Standards, Event Risk Management procedures and campus resourceshighly organized and attentive to detail
- demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
- resourceful; skilled in researching and compiling data; proficient computer user
- background and/or experience in training, education, event planning and/or program development is an asset
- awareness of the goals and values of the Brock University residence community
We are now accepting applications for this summer. Applications (cover letter and resume) are due by noon on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org c/o Amanda Ziegler.