The Department of Residence strives to assist students with special accommodation needs. To consider your request, we require information to determine your specific needs. Although we try to accommodate a student’s needs, we can’t guarantee specific room requests.
Deadline to submit the residence medical and special consideration request is June 1, 2018. If we do not receive your documentation by this date then we cannot guarantee that we will be able to adjust or change your room assignment after it has been completed.
This form can be sent to email@example.com or it can be faxed to the Manager of Residence Admissions and Administration, at 905-688-0797.
Instructions for completing the residence medical and special consideration request:
- For students who are taller than average (over 6-foot-4), a copy of your drivers licence with all personal information is sufficient documentation. You do not need an attesting professional to complete your request.
- Students with dietary concerns which require a medical exemption ONLY are required to complete this form. Please include any dietary concerns or things you want to make a note of in your residence application on the Meal Plan and Dietary Needs page.
- When having an appropriate professional complete and sign Section 3, please note:
- Depending on the situation, the following individuals may provide documentation: medical doctor, licensed counsellor, social worker or staff member from the Student Wellness and Accessibility Centre.
- Please attach any other relevant supporting documentation that will assist us in assessing your situation
- If your request is related to a disability that will also require accommodation related to your academics, we strongly encourage you to contact the Student Wellness and Accessibility Centre so they may assist you with your needs. If you register with the Student Wellness and Accessibility Centre prior to June 1st then you do not need to send duplicate information to residence. We will work with the case managers in the SWAC to provide accommodations as required.
Supporting medical documentation must provide enough detail to ensure a proper assessment and assignment can be made for students. Documentation must indicate the nature of the medical concern (diagnosis is not required), recommended accommodation, and how that accommodation will address the concern (meaning what are the functional limitations of the student). Please note we do not accept doctor’s notes that say a student requires a single room with no other information. We have several residences with single rooms so supporting information is important in assigning students to accommodations that will meet their needs.
Students with physical disabilities will be asked to come to campus to meet with the Manager of Residence Admission and Administration, and the Manager of Residence Facilities and Finance to discuss their needs, tour appropriate rooms and discuss specific requirements for the student to be successful in residence.
Get the residence medical and special consideration request form.