This form is for Brock students taking an online course who currently live more than 150 km away from Brock University’s St. Catharines campus.
- In order to qualify to write an exam off-campus, you must live more than 150 km away from Brock University’s St. Catharines campus.
- If you live more than 150km away and will be completing the exam or test in a testing centre within Canada, your request must be submitted 10 business days prior.
- If you live more than 150km away and will be completing the exam or test in a testing centre outside of Canada, your request must be submitted 14 business days prior.
- Exams or tests written at a distance should be written on the same day and time as the exam or test running at Brock University’s St. Catharines campus (Eastern Time zone). Exceptions must be approved by the course instructor in writing.
- As of September 1, 2016, tests or exams can only be written at a testing centre to ensure adequate supervision consistent with tests or exams written on campus. A list of testing centres can be requested from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that most universities or colleges have testing centres, while some libraries also offer proctoring services.
- Tests and exams will be couriered directly to the testing centre or proctor business.
- Students are responsible for paying any fees incurred with writing an exam at a distance, including payment to the proctor and mailing costs. Some testing centres require students to bring a pre-paid envelope with them to the exam. Please confirm with your approved proctor prior to writing your test or exam.