Brock Central – Frequently Asked Questions

How do I contact Brock Central?

Click here to learn more

Confirmation of Enrolment (RESP) Letters:

I need a letter to confirm that I’m registered as a full-time student to withdraw money from an RESP/my bank. Where can I find this?

Confirmation of Enrolment letters must be ordered online through your student portal under the Student Forms & Service Requests tab. As soon as payment is made, the form is automatically generated and available to download as a pdf. It will become available to order after you have completed your course registration for that academic term (ie. Fall/Winter 2021-2022). 


Where can I submit my OSAP documents?

All documents must be uploaded to your OSAP application. If you have attempted too many uploads for that specific document type, you must upload the document(s) as Optional Uploads. If the file size is too large, split the file into multiple smaller files with a naming convention to indicate that the files belong together (ieDocument 1 of 3). 

When will my funding be released?

If you have uploaded all your documents and your documents have been approved, the final stage before receiving OSAP, is the Confirmation of Enrollment stage. This means that a Student Accounts and Financial Aid officer at Brock will confirm your enrolment with OSAP. This cannot happen until at least two weeks before the start of term Once a confirmation of enrolment is completed, it typically takes 5-10 business days for the payment from the NSLSC to reflect on your Brock student account.

Where will my funding be released?

If you have an outstanding balance on your Student Financial History during the Confirmation of Enrolment stage, then your OSAP funding will be released to Brock to help pay your tuition. If you are eligible to receive more funding than your tuition, only then will the outstanding funding be released directly to you (to the bank account you set up with the MSFAA).  

When can I apply to Fall/Winter 2021-22 OSAP?

Online applications are open now via the OSAP website: For further information regarding important OSAP application deadlines and dates, please visit:

What is considered full-time OSAP status for Undergraduate Fall/Winter?

To maintain full-time status, students must take at least 60% of a full course load (1.5 credits per semester) or 40% (1.0 credits per semester) if you are student with a permanent disability. Students who are on full-time co-op work term are also considered full-time.


When will my tuition be assessed?

Tuition is assessed one month prior to the beginning of the term (August – Fall/Winter term, April – Spring term, June – Summer term).

Where will my tuition fees be posted?

Tuition and ancillary fees can be found on your Student Financial History on your student portal.

When is tuition due?

Tuition is due on the first day of classes. This year is September 8, 2021 for the Fall term, and January 10, 2022 for the Winter term. The first day of classes for each term can be found on our Important Dates web page

How can I pay for my tuition?

The fastest, most efficient way to make a payment for tuition is through your online domestic bank account. Add Brock University as a payee, use your 7-digit student number as the account number (if your bank requires a 9-digit account number, add 00 before your 7-digit student number). Electronic bank payments can take 3-5 business days to process, so keep this in mind when making your payment! We also accept cheques via mail. However, we only have staff on-site a few days a week to process these payments. For more information on how to make a payment, please visit:

I see different amounts on my Student Financial History and I’m not sure what to pay? 

Your Student Financial History will reflect all of your payments with due dates for each term that academic year 
Fall$ Due as of  September 8, 2021: This number reflects your total amount for Fall 2021 tuition due by September 8 2021Please note, once paid in full, the number will remain here for the academic year. 
Due Now: This is what you need to pay for Fall tuition by September 8, 2021.  
*If you do not have a credit/scholarship/award/bursary that has already been applied to your account, the amount at Due Now should match the balance at Fall$ Due as of September 8, 2021Please note, after you have paid this amount in full and it is reflected on your student account, the amount at Due Now should be $0.  
Total Amount Due: This number reflects what is left to pay for Winter term. If you have paid all of your tuition for the Fall term, this number should then match what is outstanding for your Winter$ Due as of January 10, 2022. 

How do I see my tuition fees from previous years?

If you would like to access your tuition fees from previous years, you can do so by changing the date at top of your Student Financial History (ie. 2020), pressing ‘Go’, then clicking + Financial History’ near the bottom of your screen. 

How do I opt-in/opt-out of the Health and Dental Insurance Plan?

Students with comparable coverage have the opportunity to opt-out through the Student Health Plan website. Students must complete and submit the opt-in/opt-out form online between September 1st – September 30th only. Any further inquiries should be sent to the Health and Dental Plan Administration; Joanne Matko at

What is U.H.I.P?

UHIP offers basic health care for eligible international non-residents studying or working at a participating Ontario university. It is mandatory for all international students. After students fill out the “Intent to Travel to Canada” form on our Brock travel website, the Brock International Travel Team will reach out to students and ask for more information. Then they will pass along the information to the UHIP team to enroll students in UHIP. Once enrolled, students will receive a UHIP PDF card in their Brock email. On the UHIP website, there is helpful information about UHIP coverage, please fee free to take a look. For more information, please contact Brock International Services at: 

Can I opt-out of ancillary fees for Fall/Winter 2021-22?

Most ancillary fees are mandatory and are governed by an Ancillary Fee Protocol established between Brock University and the Brock University Student’s Union (BUSU). Please visit the Brock BUSU website for full details:

Entrance & Returning Scholarships:

When can I expect to see my Brock scholarship on my student account?  

The Student Accounts and Financial Aid Office will have Brock Scholars Awards posted to student accounts by the end of August. If your scholarship is not posted on your Student Financial History by the beginning of the Fall term, please email to inquire for a review of your scholarship. 

What is the criteria to have my scholarship renewed?

Renewals for Brock Entrance Scholarships are awarded at the end of Fall/Winter session if you have achieved a 5.0 credit milestone with a minimum 80% average. These awards are renewed automatically each year and placed onto your student account. Your scholarship will be automatically reviewed once you reach the 5.0 credit milestone. The session you complete credits in does not disqualify you from the renewal. Your scholarship will be applied directly to your tuition and/or residence fees. This will take place before classes begin in September, reducing the amount you owe to the University. Once you have completed the 5.0 credit milestone, your scholarship will be reviewed. Please monitor your Student Financial History for the scholarship.

CPP Forms:

Where can I submit my CPP form?

Canada Pension Plan forms (including the Declaration of Attendance at School or University form) may require you to get a portion of the form completed by the Registrar’s Office. Before you send the forms as an attachment from your Brock Student email to, mail or fax (905-988-5488), please note the following:

  • In order to be processed, all sections and pages of the CPP form must be completed by the student first before Brock Central @ The Registrar’s Office can complete our section. If the forms are incomplete, there may be a delay in processing your document. Please ensure to submit all pages to us.
  • Please note that Service Canada requires your classes to begin before they will process your CPP. These documents will only begin to be processed after the registration system for that term has closed. Brock will not confirm attendance prior to the last date to add/drop courses.
  • New this year: Service Canada will now accept CPP forms electronically for students renewing their benefits. This does not apply to first time receivers; they must submit a physical copy via mail.
  1. Log into your My Service Canada Account (MSCA) and complete the online Declaration of Attendance at School or University, and upload your proof of enrolment (THIS OPTION IS ONLY AVAILABLE IF YOU ARE RENEWING YORU BENEFIT, NOT TO FIRST TIME CPP RECEIVERS).
  2. If you prefer your document to be mailed instead, please let us know and we will mail your forms to Service Canada on your behalf.
  • Once the forms are completed, it will be mailed to Service Canada from the Office of the Registrar via standard Canada Post delivery (no tracking numbers provided). For benefit renewals, we will return the completed copy to the student via email to upload to their MSCA account. MSCA can be linked to your CRA account for sign-in, GCKey, or through your bank account.
  • Service Canada will also accept a Confirmation of Enrolment (RESP) letter provided by the University.
  • For more information and forms, please visit:
Fall 2021:
When can I expect to know more about the Fall Term and more information about returning to campus?

Brock’s campus re-opens for classes and activities starting Monday, September 13. For more information about Fall@Brock, visit our website at

For information about mandatory vaccination policy, and other Covid-19 related information, visit our website at

For more information about Residence during the pandemic, please visit our webpages at:

Where can I find important dates (i.e. When classes start, when the last date to drop a course without academic penalty, etc.)?

All of the University’s important dates can be found on our website:

How do I find my Academic Advisor and book and advising appointment?

A full list of Academic Advisors can be found online at

To book an appointment with your advisor, log into your student portal and select ‘Appointment Bookings”.

Where can I find out more about the student services that are available to students?

A-Z Learning Services:
Student Health Services:
Student Wellness & Accessibility Services:
Student Life and Community Experience:
Ombud’s Office:
Human Rights & Equity:
Aboriginal Services:
Brock International:
Student Accounts and Financial Aid:
Brock University Student’s Union: