These rules and regulations have been designed to keep the Zone clean, organized and safe for all.
Please observe and follow all established rules. Disregarding these rules and regulations may result in the loss of your Zone privileges.
- Current Brock student ID cards or membership cards must be presented at the Equipment Room to obtain a wristband for use of the facilities of the Walker Complex. Your membership is not transferable. If you have forgotten your membership, a temporary day pass can be purchased at the Equipment Room or Welcome Desk. There are no exceptions to the rule.
- Proper footwear must be worn. Bare feet, sandals, work boots or dress shoes are not acceptable. Shoes worn outside must be cleaned prior to entering The Zone.
- A full shirt with sleeves must be worn. No half shirt or bra tops are permitted. Tank/unitard aerobic wear is permitted, provided the midriff is not exposed and the shirt is not low cut. Cut off shorts and trousers with zippers (i.e. jeans) are not permitted. Shorts must have a minimum 2 inch inseam to be worn in the Zone.
- Please, no food, cans or glasses in The Zone. Only re-usable and plastic bottles are permitted.
- Gym bags, knapsacks, jackets, keys and other personal items are not allowed in The Zone. Lockers are available in the locker room for day use.
- Bars are to be stripped of weights after each use. Return all weights and dumbbells to their proper places. Keep all weights in designated areas and do not take them upstairs.
- You may book (30 minutes max.) cardiovascular equipment up to three days in advance by asking a Zone Trainer to book you in the Advance Cardio Binder. If you are more than five minutes late, the piece of equipment will be available to another member. You may also use the cardio equipment for up to 30min on a first-come first-serve basis, as long as it is not one of the advance cardio pieces that is already booked (you can check with a trainer to ensure it is not booked).
- Conducting and solicitation of personal business is prohibited. Only the department of Recreation Services staff may conduct personal training sessions in The Zone.
- The following is considered unacceptable conduct in The Zone: spitting, foul language, grunting, use of chalk and monopolizing a piece of strength training equipment (20 minute rule/3 members working in only).
- Dropping of weights is dangerous to you, to those exercising around you, and to the facility. Use a manageable weight or ask for a spotter. Abuse of equipment may result in the loss of Zone privileges. The staff in the Walker Complex will intervene if a guest is deemed to be exercising/behaving in a manner which could be hazardous to themselves or others.
- Use of Electronic Devices: Cell phone use is not permitted in The Zone. Photography and videography is not permitted in The Zone due to privacy.