Brock has the oldest — and one of the most distinguished — film studies programs in Canada. The program focuses on critical and historical courses that examine a variety of approaches to film and related media.
Most courses include weekly film screenings to introduce you to all kinds of cinema. Studying a wide range of films provides a thorough understanding of the medium for future filmmakers, critics and teachers.
There are optional courses in video production, and you may become involved in the Brock University Film Series (BUFS) and/or Brock TV.
Experiential learning opportunities are available through various program courses.
- BA in Film Studies
- BA in Film Studies/Advanced Film-Making Postgraduate Certificate (Fanshawe College)
- BA in Film Studies/Broadcast Journalism – Television News Postgraduate Certificate (Fanshawe College)
- BA in Film Studies/Broadcast Television – Visual Effects and Editing for Contemporary Media Postgraduate Certificate (Fanshawe College)
- Certificate in Film Studies
- Certificate in Film Production (Weengushk Film Institute, Manitoulin Island)
- Certificate in Television Production (Weengushk Film Institute, Manitoulin Island)
- Minor in Film Studies
Expected cut-off: mid 70s
Not an Ontario Secondary School applicant? Find your admissions criteria here.