Our programs combine academic study with unique practical experience in critical thinking and writing. Courses explore literature from Britain, the United States and Canada, as well as works written in English from all over the world.
Our English Language and Literature and English and Contemporary Culture programs introduce students to a wide range of literary forms, historical periods and theoretical approaches. They provide superb preparation for education and law degrees, careers in public relations and communications or graduate studies in Library Science and English.
The English and Creative Writing program uses lectures and practical workshop courses to examine the material and social contexts of creative writing and teach the craft of key literary genres.
The Writing, Rhetoric and Discourse Studies program combines practical and theoretical studies with instruction in a range of writing genres for students interested in communications, public relations, journalism and professional writing for organizations.
- BA in English Language and Literature
- BA in English and Contemporary Culture
- BA in English and Creative Writing
- BA in Writing, Rhetoric and Discourse Studies
- Minors in English Language and Literature or Writing, Rhetoric and Discourse Studies
- Certificate in Rhetoric and Professional Writing
Expected cut-off: mid 70s
OUAC Code: BEN