The Master of Education (MEd) program is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the theoretical perspectives that have influenced education, as well as give them a foundational understanding of research. Students apply into any one of the fields of specialization. Each field of specialization has required core and elective courses. The number of required courses varies according to the field of specialization and selected pathway through the program. Please note this program does not lead to the Ontario Certified Teachers designation, which is required to teach in public schools in Ontario.
- Social and Cultural Contexts of Education
- Teaching, Learning and Development
- Administration and Leadership in Education
- September (full-time or part-time)
Program Length for Full-time Students:
- Course-based Flexible Pathway Option: One year (3 terms).
This pathway is not funded.
- Major Research Paper (MRP) Option: 16 months (4 terms).
This pathway is funded for four terms as outlined on the financial page.
- Thesis Pathway Option: 2 Years (6 Terms)
This pathway is funded for 6 terms as outlined on the financial page.
- Full-time students in all pathways have 3 years to complete their program.
Program Length for Part-time Students:
- Part-time students have 5 years to complete their program.
*Part-Time studies in any stream is not eligible for funding
- January 15th.
Applications are closed for admission in Fall 2020. Applications for the 2021-22 academic year will begin to be accepted in October of 2020