The Master of Education (MEd) program is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the theoretical perspectives that have influenced education, as well as give them a foundational understanding of research. Students have the option to choose up to two of five optional concentrations if they would like the opportunity to study a specific topic in depth. Please note this program does not lead to the Ontario Certified Teachers designation, which is required to teach in public schools in Ontario.
- Administration, Leadership and Policy
- Adult and Postsecondary Education
- Courses in this concentration will additionally be offered online for the Fall 2023 start. See the Faculty of Education’s program page for details.
- Curriculum and Pedagogy
- Educational Psychology: Teaching, Learning and Wellness
- Social Justice, Power and Politics in Education.
- September (full-time or part-time)
- January (beginning 2024)
- May (beginning 2024)
Program Length for Full-time Students:
- Course-based Pathway (CBP) Option: One year (3 terms).
- This pathway is not funded.
- Major Research Paper (MRP) Option: 16 months (4 terms).
- This pathway is funded for 4 terms as outlined on the financial page.
- Thesis Pathway Option: 2 Years (6 Terms)
- This pathway is funded for 6 terms as outlined on the financial page.
Full-time students in all pathways have 3 years to complete their program.
Program Length for Part-time Students:
- Part-time students have 5 years to complete their program.
- *Part-Time studies in any stream are not eligible for funding
- Fall (September) start: due January 15
- Winter (January) start: due April 15
- Spring (May) start: due October 15