The PhD in Intelligent Systems and Data Science (ISDS) is a thesis-based program that targets the need for highly qualified scientists to tackle challenges in artificial intelligence & machine learning, integrated smart systems, modern software systems, statistical/mathematical modelling & analytics, and big data infrastructure.
Graduates will proceed to research and/or teaching careers in academia, industry, government, and the community.
Our Ph.D. in Intelligent Systems and Data Science is unique in many ways:
- The degree title and focus areas are distinct throughout Ontario and Canada.
- This interdisciplinary degree directly acknowledges the fundamental and intrinsic relationship between computer science, mathematics, and statistics.
- The degree strives to foster a cohesive interdisciplinary program, and community of students.
- The qualifying examination requires students to write a research grant application. This experience will give students unique training in grant preparation.
- The program gives students the opportunity to gain experience in the development and application of advanced AI algorithms, complex software systems, data analytics tools, and statistical models.
- September 2023
*Please note, this program will have a one-time January entry point in 2023. Following, the only entry option will be September.*
- Thesis – 12 terms (4 years)
This program is funded for the defined length above as outlined on our financial page.
January 15, 2023