In 2007. the Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education (STLHE) outlined several components of the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL).
These components indicate that the SoTL:
- fosters inquiry and investigation
- enhances student learning
- is public
- is susceptible to critical review and evaluation
- is accessible for exchange and use
- emphasizes learning outcomes and relevant teaching practices
incorporates discipline and pedagogical knowledge and innovation
At Brock, CPI supports SoTL through the Chancellor’s Chairs for Teaching Excellence award program in addition to a variety of other approaches like reflective practice.