The TA Workshop Series provides ongoing professional development opportunities for Brock Teaching Assistants, Lab Demonstrators, Course Coordinators, Marker-Graders, and Seminar Leaders. Each workshop offers an opportunity to explore topics related to teaching and learning as part of Brock’s TA community.
Participation in workshops earns TAs credits towards the available TA Certificates in Teaching and Learning in Higher Education.
Who can attend?
TA workshops are open to all Brock Teaching Assistants, Lab Demonstrators, Course Coordinators, Marker-Graders and Seminar/Tutorial Leaders
How can I register?
You can find workshop details and register to attend on ExperienceBU. If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to email@example.com
CPI will continue to host TA workshops through a variety of mediums. This fall TAs will have the opportunity to participate in workshops hosted on-campus as well as synchronously through Microsoft Teams and asynchronously online through Sakai. Click the links in the workshop titles below to get to the registration page in Experience BU.
Asynchronous workshops (in sakai)
Asynchronous workshops can be found in the “TA Program (CPI) 2022-2023” Sakai site. Registrants will be added to the site ahead of the workshop start date. If you would like to join a workshop that has already started please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- WHAT TO DO DURING THE FIRST CLASS/WEEK (August 22 – September 10)
- PREPARING TO TEACH (August 22 – September 10)
- BUILDING AN ONLINE LEARNING COMMUNITY (September 12 – September 30)
- FACILITATING DISCUSSIONS ONLINE (September 12 – September 30)
- BRIGHTSPACE FOR TAs (this workshop will take place in Brightspace October 1 – October 31)
- ACTIVE LEARNING ONLINE (October 1 – October 31)
- UNIVERSAL DESIGN FOR LEARNING FOR ONLINE TEACHING ASSISTANTS (November 1 – November 30)
- DIGITAL COMMUNICATION FOR TEACHING ASSISTANTS (November 1 – November 30)
WEDNESDAY WORKSHOPS (in-person or synchronously through microsoft teams)
Registration for these workshops will be available soon on ExperienceBU!
- BRIGHTSPACE BASICS FOR TAs (September 14 | 12:00pm – 1:20pm on Teams)
- MENTAL HEALTH TOOLBOX FOR TAs (September 21 | 3:30pm-4:50pm in WH327)
- GROWTH MINDSET FOR TA SUCCESS (October 5 | 2:00pm-3:20pm on Teams)
- PREPARING STUDENTS TO GIVE FEEDBACK (November 9 | 1:00pm-2:20pm on Teams)
- READING STUDENT FEEDBACK (November 23 | 10:00am – 11:20am in ST103)
SATURDAY WORKSHOPS (IN-PERSON OR SYNCHRONOUSLY THROUGH MICROSOFT TEAMS)
- TEACHING AND ACCESSIBILITY (September 17 | 9:00am-10:20am in ST103)
- BUILDING A CLASSROOM COMMUNITY OF LEARNING (September 17 | 10:30am-11:50am in ST103)
- INSTRUCTIONAL STRATEGIES 101 (October 1 |9:00am-10:20am on Teams)
- GRADING STRATEGIES: RUBRICS (October 1 |10:30-11:50 on Teams)
- FEEDBACK TO SUPPORT TEACHING AND LEARNING (October 22 | 9:00am-10:20am in ST103)
- INDIGENOUS WAYS OF TEACHING AND LEARNING (October 22 | 10:30am – 11:50am in ST103)
- PREPARING STUDENTS TO GIVE FEEDBACK (November 5 |9:00am-10:20am in ST103)
- HELPING STUDENTS PREPARE FOR EXAMS (November 5 |10:30am – 11:50am in ST103)
- GRADING STRATEGIES FOR THE END OF SEMESTER RUSH (November 19 |9:00am-10:20am in ST103)
- UNIVERSAL DESIGN FOR LEARNING FOR TAs IN THE CLASSROOM (November 19 | 10:30am-11:50am in ST103)
- REFLECTING ON A SEMESTER OF TEACHING (December 3 |9:00am-10:20am on Teams)
- READING STUDENT FEEDBACK (December 3 | 10:30am-11:50am on Teams
If you have any questions please feel free to reach out to the Educational Development team at email@example.com.