Call for Collaborators to Join our Community of Scholarly Inquiry
The Ministry of Colleges and Universities Virtual Learning Strategy (VLS) was launched in January 2021. Administered by eCampusOntario, the VLS is designed to shift pedagogical practices towards being collaborative, learner-driven, and digital by design.
Brock’s Centre for Pedagogical Innovation (CPI) and Library partnered on multiple expressions of interest with other Ontario institutions. A major requirement of the grants involves co-creation with multiple stakeholders: instructors, teaching assistants, and a diverse group of graduate and undergraduate students.
Contact email@example.com to discuss and apply
Open to instructors teaching in Fall 2021:
In alignment with Teaching with the Public Domain using Pressbooks and the Alternative Assessments grants, this micro-grant is for practitioners to document their open pedagogical practice.
- will be teaching Fall 2021
- attend 1 information session and 1 debrief
- document your process through the Fall semester
- engage in formative feedback with students at least once mid term
- share a short reflection at the end
Open to anyone who:
- has taught at Brock in the last 2 years, faculty and pre-hire/current part-time instructors, and/or
- will be teaching in 2021/22 and/or
- current students (undergraduate/graduate)
In alignment with Humanizing Learning and UDL grants, this grant is for those interested in the scholarship of teaching and learning to inform practice and build community.
- You will be provided 3 key relevant resources to start
- You will create an annotated bibliography of resources
- Must participate in one community session
- Must participate/facilitate one community session on your topic of exploration
- Must document your process and share a short reflection in any format of your choosing (written, audio, video, mind map, etc)
All reflections will have the option of being submitted to the VLS final projects as well as the Special Collection of Speculative Fabulations in Teaching & Learning