Parking facilities at Brock University are private property. Anyone parking on campus agrees to abide by the Brock University Rules and Regulations.
Parking is enforced 24/7 at Brock University. If you receive a violation, you have 10 business days to pay or appeal your ticket. Payment can be made online.
If you do not pay your violation within the 10-day period, your account is subject to additional fees and penalties.
- Students with excessive violations may have an academic seal placed on their student records and may be flagged to have their vehicle towed. As a result, you will not be able to access your grades on your student portal. Note: outstanding fines may cause graduation diplomas to be withheld until fines have been paid.
- Non-Brock students will be flagged to be towed.
Appealing a Violation
Please read the following information carefully before proceeding with your appeal.
Parking ticket appeals must be made within ten (10) business days from the date of issuance listed on the parking ticket. After ten business days ticket appeals will not be accepted and the parking fees will be considered uncontested and must be paid. All parking appeals can be made online at https://parking.brocku.ca using the ticket number, or by signing into the online self-serve portal.
Please include the following information about your appeal:
- why you think the parking violation should be voided or varied,
- limit your appeal to the space provided in the online form (500 characters max),
- attach any evidence that supports your case (ie. a photo of valid paid receipt or permit).
Grounds for appeal that will be considered are:
- The ticket was issued incorrectly.
- The ticket was issued despite a paid receipt or permit existing (evidence must be submitted with appeal).
Parking ticket appeals will only be considered when contact information is accurate and filled out in full. The following contact information is required:
- First and Last Name
- Phone Number
- Email Address
- Mailing Address
By submitting a parking ticket appeal, the applicant is making a declaration that they hold responsibility for the vehicle and/or license plate listed on the appeal and therefore will be considered the implied owner.
Parking ticket appeals will be responded to within ten (10) business days to the email listed on the Parking Services account.
All parking ticket appeals will be reviewed by the Parking Services Enforcement and Technology Coordinator. If the ticket was issued by the Enforcement and Technology Coordinator, the appeal will be escalated to the Supervisor, Parking Services for review. If further escalation is required, the Manager, Parking Services will review and provide the final decision.
The decision of the appeal is final and fines are considered due when the decision is rendered.
- “Everybody parks there / I am the only one who got a ticket.”
- “I was only there for five or ten minutes.”
- “I’ve parked there for the last five weeks (months, years etc.) and I’ve never been cited before.”
- “I didn’t know.”
- “I thought it was a space.”
- “I didn’t see the sign.”
- “I can’t afford the fine.”
- “I had to use the washroom facilities (or had a sick friend that had to use the washroom facilities).”
- “I just had to run in to hand in an assignment”
- “The meeting or event I attended ran longer than expected”
- “I was running late and had to get to my exam”
- “My permit/pass/parking receipt was not properly displayed because…”
- “I parked on landscaping/hash lines/end of aisle/reserved space because there were no spaces available”