Parking facilities at Brock University are private property. Anyone parking on campus agrees to abide by the rules and regulations approved by the Board of Trustees
Parking is enforced 24/7 at Brock University. If you receive a violation, you have 10 business days to pay or appeal your infraction only if it is a valid appeal (see below). Payment is to be made online.
If you do not pay your violation within the 10-day period, your account is subject to additional fees and penalties.
- Students with excessive violations may have an academic seal placed on their student records and may be flagged to have their vehicle towed. As a result, you will not be able to access your grades on your student portal. Note: that outstanding fines may cause graduation diplomas to be withheld until fines have been paid.
- Non-Brock students will be flagged to be towed.
Appealing a Violation
Please read the following information carefully before proceeding with your appeal.
An appeal, stating valid reasons for cancelling the ticket, must be submitted online to Parking Services within 10 business days from when the ticket was issued.
The decision of the appeal is final and fines are considered due when the decision is rendered. Unfamiliarity with Brock University’s traffic and parking regulations does not constitute grounds for appeal.
- Appeals will not be processed without supporting documentation, if applicable
- Any documentation can be uploaded with your online appeal
- Photographs are taken with each citation
- “Everybody parks there / I am the only one who got a ticket.”
- “I was only there for five or ten minutes.”
- “I’ve parked there for the last five weeks (months, years etc.) and I’ve never been cited before.”
- “I didn’t know.”
- “I thought it was a space.”
- “I didn’t see the sign.”
- “I can’t afford the fine.”
- “I had to use the washroom facilities (or had a sick friend that had to use the washroom facilities).”
- “I just had to run in to hand in an assignment”
- “The meeting or event I attended ran longer than expected”
- “I was running late and had to get to my exam”
- “My permit/pass/parking receipt was not properly displayed because…”
- “I parked on landscaping/hash lines/end of aisle/reserved space because there were no spaces available”