Brock students and staff who use a Zone 2 parking pass are reminded that, starting Monday Jan. 6, the parking capacity of Zone 2 will be significantly reduced due to construction of Canada Games Park.
It is important that Zone 2 permit holders allow an extra 30 to 45 minutes for their commute.
Many Zone 2 permit holders will need to park at Merrittville Speedway — located at 2371 Merrittville Highway, about 5 kilometres south of campus — which can accommodate Brock’s Zone 2 overflow.
They will then be driven to campus on free shuttle buses.
Canada Games officials are having replacement parking built on campus, to offset spaces lost to construction, however that project remains in progress, and currently Zone 2 is 600 spaces below its normal capacity.
Need to know:
- A fleet of six shuttle buses will run continuously between the Speedway overflow lot and the main campus.
- Shuttles start at 7:15 a.m. and run until 10:30 p.m.
- For security purposes, the Speedway overflow lot will be closed overnight between 11 p.m. and 7 a.m., and vehicles cannot be accessed.
- Overflow parking is free for Zone 2 permit holders. Those without a permit can buy a daily $6 pass through the HONK mobile app using Zone ID 2458. Parking attendants will monitor the overflow lot.
- On-campus pickup and dropoff will be in front of the atrium entrance of the Roy and Lois Cairns Health and Bioscience Research Complex.
- The Zone 2 permit buyback program is also still ongoing for students, faculty and staff. For more information about the program and parking changes at Brock University, visit the Parking Services website.