Safety Guidelines for In-Person Welcome Weeks Events
As the public health situation continues to evolve, we’ve put in place a range of measures to help protect the health and wellbeing of those attending Welcome Week events. For more on Brock’s response to COVID-19, click here.
Updated September 2, 2021
- Mandatory Advanced RSVP
- All students attending in-person events must RSVP in advance through ExperienceBU.
- If an event fills its RSVP capacity, students should take time to RSVP to other events that have capacity remaining or explore the various virtual events taking place.
- If a student can no longer attend, they should change their RSVP response to “No” on ExperienceBU to free up space for another student to RSVP.
- Vaccination Attestation and Screening Requirement
- Students attending in-person Welcome Weeks events are required to adhere to the University’s vaccination policy and procedures, which state that students can only attend Welcome Weeks events if they are vaccinated.
- Students who are partially vaccinated or vaccine exempt may participate in in-person Welcome Weeks events if they provide a negative antigen test result to the screening desks.
- Students will be asked to attest to one of the above through the RSVP process.
- Students must complete the covid-screening questionnaire through the Brock Safety App prior to the event.
- Event Check-In App and Contact Tracing
- Students will need to check in and out of all Welcome Weeks events using their unique event pass (QR code). This will also collect the necessary information from students for contact tracing.
- Students can download their event pass from ExperienceBU.
- More information on the app and pass can be found here.
- Face Masks Required
- For all in-person Welcome Weeks events, face masks are required for all who are able and physical distancing must be maintained.
- Capacity Limits
- All in-person Welcome Weeks events are subject to capacity limits under the Provincial requirements for Step 3 (total maximum capacity of 100 people outside and 25 for indoor events).