The Ombudsperson is a neutral party who advocates for fair policies, procedures, practices and decision-making on campus. We are a safe space to voice concerns and gather information on available options as we are not required to notify University administrators, being an informal channel of resolution.
The Ombudsperson will:
- Listen and help to analyze the problem or complaint;
- Identify and explain relevant policies and procedures;
- Provide understanding of the University system;
- Help to define and evaluate options;
- Manage conflicts;
- Discuss productive ways to communicate; and
- Help you resolve problems informally.
The Ombudsperson may:
- Inquire about a problem, complaint, or concern;
- Mediate conflicts;
- Begin discussions with other people or departments involved (only with your permission);
- Make referrals to other campus and community resources; and
- Recommend changes in University policies or procedures.
|Undergradaute students||Graduate students||International students|
|Academic Misconduct Charge/Appeal||Academic Misconduct Charge/Appeal||Academic Misconduct Charge/Appeal|
|Grade Appeal||Grade/Evaluation Concerns||Involuntary Withdrawal|
|Academic Probation, Suspension, Debarment||Supervisory/Committee Concerns||Help navigating University Policies and Procedures|
|Accommodation||Involuntary Withdrawal||Help interpreting Academic Decisions and Outcomes|
|Course/Program Quality Assurance||Conflict Coaching||Help writing formal letters and communicating to University Staff.|