This is a list of documents that may be required for your application to the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
- Please be advised that you must only upload the documents that are applicable to your program. We encourage you to review the requirements of the program that you are interested in for these specific documents.
- Please refer to the Document Upload Instructions for efficient and timely processing of your application.
Applicant Interest Form
The Applicant Interest Form is only required for applicants to the MA and PhD in Psychology programs.
Computer Science Statement of Research Interest Form
The Computer Science Statement of Research Interest Form is required for applicants to the MSc in Computer Science program.
A written document explaining the applicant’s credentials and objectives. A cover letter is only required for applicants to the MA in Applied Linguistics (bridged entry) program. This may be written by the applicant or agency (if applicable).
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
A current summary of the applicant’s education, qualifications and career to date. This should include the applicant’s full education details, employment, teaching and research activities/experience, and publications (if any).
An official degree certificate, showing confirmation of degree awarded and date of graduation, issued by the institution. If the degree certificate is not in English, a certified translation must also be uploaded with the original language certificate. Both the original and English translation must be included in the same PDF.
If you have received and accepted an Offer of Admission:
- An official degree certificate, showing confirmation of degree awarded and date of graduation (received in a signed/stamped and sealed university envelope directly from the institution).
- If the degree certificate is not in English, an original certified translation (signed and stamped) must also be included with the official original language document.
English Language Proficiency – Test
An official English Language Proficiency Test (please refer to English Language Proficiency for a list of acceptable tests prior to uploading). Print-outs from self-service websites are not acceptable. Tests that are not listed on this page will not be accepted.
- The test uploaded must have been taken within the last two years (tests are only valid for two years from the date the test was taken).
- If multiple English Language Proficiency Tests have been taken, please upload only the most recent.
- The English Language Proficiency Test uploaded MUST correspond with the test scores you declare on the English Language Proficiency (Self Report) form.
- Please do not request a hard copy of the test results be sent to Brock University. Please have the report sent directly to yourself and proceed with uploading a scanned copy to your Student Portal.
English Language Proficiency – Language Schools
- Completion of Program must be within two years of the date of application.
- Please do not send a enrollment and/or completion certificate to Brock University. Please have the report sent directly to yourself and proceed with uploading a scanned copy to your Student Portal
English Language Proficiency – Self Report
Applicants who are required to upload an English Language Proficiency Test document are also required to complete an electronic English Language Proficiency Self Report form.
- Ensure that you have pop-ups enabled in your web browser, then use the “Go To Form” button next to the “English Language Proficiency (Self Report)” document on your portal account, to declare the test scores listed on your English Language Proficiency Test or request a waiver (you must have pop-ups enabled for the form to open).
- Test scores declared MUST match the scores on the English Language Proficiency Test that has been uploaded.
- If you are applying using one of the accepted Language Schools as proof of English proficiency, please enter values of “0” in the reporting of individual scores.
English Language Proficiency – Waiver Letter
An applicant who has requested an English Language Proficiency waiver via the English Language Proficiency (Self-Report) form, must upload a letter outlining your justification for us granting you a waiver; as well as, any supporting documentation that supports your justification and will aid us in assessing your request. This may include proof that English was the language of instruction at your university(s), an expired English Proficiency test score, etc.
- You can monitor the status of your request via the “Go to Form” button next to the English Language Proficiency (Self Report) document.
- As waivers are not guaranteed and very few waivers are granted, it is recommended that all applicants for whom English is not their first language, upload an English Language Proficiency Test. If your waiver request is denied you must upload an English Language Proficiency Test to be considered for admission.
Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT)
An official GMAT Score Report is only required for applicants to the Master of Business Administration, MSc in Management and Graduate Diploma in Business Administration programs.
An official graduation certificate issued by the institution. If the graduation certificate is not in English, a certified translation must also be uploaded with the original language certificate. Both the original and English translation must be included in the same PDF.
If you have received and accepted an Offer of Admission:
- An official graduation certificate (received in a signed/stamped and sealed university envelope directly from the institution).
- If the graduation certificate is not in English, an original certified translation (signed and stamped) must also be included with the official original language document.
Graduate Record Examinations (GRE)
An official GRE Score Report is required for applicants to the MA and PhD in Psychology programs.
- For applicants applying to the MA/PhD in Psychology, with an undergraduate honours degree with a major in psychology or neuroscience, scores from the General section of the GRE are required.
- For applicants applying to the MA/PhD in Psychology, with backgrounds other than psychology and neuroscience, scores from both the General and Psychology sections of the GRE are required.
Note: Once you have received an email from ETS that your official scores are available, go to your GRE account to view and print a copy of the scores. You must then scan the report (Examinee Score Report), save it as a PDF, and then upload it to your Brock portal. Please do not send hard copies of the scores to Brock. Scores on the GRE subject (psychology) test are NOT required for those with backgrounds in psychology or neuroscience.
Graduate Student Internal Entrance Scholarship/Award Application
At the time you submit your application to graduate studies at Brock University you are required to complete and submit the Graduate Student Internal Entrance Scholarship/Award Application which will appear on your applicant portal account as a document required for admission. After you have submitted your graduate studies application, instructions to activate your applicant portal account will be sent via email.
Please note, you are required to submit the Graduate Studies Internal Entrance Scholarship/Award Application in order for your admission application to be considered complete.
If you do not wish to be considered for an Internal Entrance Scholarship/Award, please indicate ‘No’ on the application and click submit.
Your completed application will be reviewed by the graduate program to which you are applying. If you are offered an Internal Entrance Scholarship/Award it will be listed as a funding item in your offer letter.
For scholarship/award eligibility criteria and the award value, please refer to the Faculty of Graduate Studies website: https://brocku.ca/graduate-studies/current-students/financial-resources/internal-awards.
Proof of immigration status is only required if you are offered and have accepted admission.
International students who are offered and have accepted admission must upload a scanned copy of their valid study permit. Permanent Residents of Canada who are offered and have accepted admission must upload a scanned copy of their Permanent Resident Card (both sides) or confirmation of Permanent Residency. See Immigration for more details.
List of Authors
A List of Authors is only required for applicants to the MA in Classics program. The list should indicate which unadapted Greek and Latin authors you have read, including which works, and parts thereof.
Mathematics and Statistics Information Form
Reference Reports are submitted directly to the Faculty of Graduate Studies by the referees via our electronic referee system.
A current summary of the applicant’s relevant education and experience. This should include details about the applicant’s academic and professional background.
An official pre-approval/preliminary sponsorship letter issued by the country/organization providing sponsorship.
An official sponsorship confirmation letter is only required if you are offered and have accepted admission. This confirmation letter should include specific details about the funding/sponsorship that is being provided by the country/organization for the duration of your study at Brock University.
Statement of Intent/Interest
A free-form letter or essay in which applicants indicate their career aspirations/plans, specific research interests, and experience relevant to the program. Length and content are program-specific.
Official academic transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended (past and current). The transcript must be up to date and include all courses and marks, along with the transcript legends/keys/grading scales that are usually printed on the back of the transcript.
If the transcripts are not in English, a certified translation must also be uploaded with the original language documents. Institutions within Canada do not require a translation.
If you have received and have accepted an Offer of Admission:
- Official academic transcripts (received in a closed university envelope) sent directly from your home institution are required if you are offered admission. Note: If you have attended Brock University, we will obtain and upload your Brock transcripts for you.
- Transcript must be in the original language and include a certified translation if the transcript is not in English.
- When the official transcript is issued in French by a Canadian institution where the official language of instruction is French, no English language translation is required.
- If a transcript does not state the awarding of degree and date degree conferred, a certified copy of the degree certificate should also be sent to the Graduate Studies Office (or attached to the transcripts). It is the student’s responsibility to be aware of what is stated on the official transcripts issued by your home institution.
- Final Chinese documents must include transcripts, graduation diplomas and degree certificates in Chinese, all with official English translations and sent directly from the home institution.
- Final Saudi Arabian documents (transcripts and degree certificate) must be sent directly from the home institution or directly from the Saudi Arabian Cultural Bureau, Ottawa.
- If your university issues only one original copy of transcript/degree certificate, ask your home university to:
- verify that the photocopy of your original academic record is consistent with their records
- attest that the copy is a true photocopy and stamp it with an official university stamp
- put the attested, stamped photocopy in a sealed envelope endorsed by the Registrar
- mail the sealed, endorsed envelope directly to the Graduate Studies Office.
Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) Compliant Document
An official WHTI compliant document is only required for applicants to the MA in Canadian-American Studies program. This can be a copy of a passport, passport card, enhanced driver’s license or NEXUS card.
Work that exemplifies your writing skills. The length and content are program-specific.