Please complete this form prior to your audition and then follow the steps below.
PRIOR to your Audition:
- PREPARE A RECORDING and send to our conductor at email@example.com at least 12 hours prior to your scheduled hearing. For this recording (audio or video file, your choice), please sing along with this accompaniment, carefully follow these instructions:
- Sing The Ash Grove along with the accompaniment. Please note that it is played in the key of F major even though the pdf score is in G major. Please just sing along with the F major accompaniment. When you record yourself, please wear headphones so that the accompaniment cannot be heard in the recording. I suggest plugging the headphones into your computer to hear the accompaniment and recording yourself singing with a phone device. Please state your name at the beginning of the recording.
- Sing along with the range exercises that follow (using the same procedure—headphones on). When the range gets too high or too low, stop singing and wait for the next exercise. Try this a few times as it will help warm up your voice!
It is recommended that you practice with the entire recording more than once before preparing your final submission.
Wetransfer.com is recommended for easy transfer of audio files by email.
Dr. Rachel Rensink-Hoff will be in touch to schedule a ZOOM AUDITION which will include:
- Sight-singing two short melodies
- Clapping a rhythmic excerpt
- Sing-backs of several melodies played for you
- Short discussion about your musical background and experience
WHEN DOES CHOIR MEET?
Mixed voice ensemble for soprano, alto, tenor and bass voices
Open to students, staff & faculty of Brock University
Mondays – 2:30 pm – 4:20 pm
Wednesdays – 2:30 pm – 3:20 pm (Sopranos & Altos only)
Wednesday – 3:30 pm – 4:20 pm (Tenors & Basses only)
Upper voice ensemble for soprano & alto voices
Open to all members of the Brock AND wider Niagara community
Thursdays – 6:00 pm – 8:50 pm