Associate Professor of Mathematics
My research interests fall in the diverse area of discrete mathematics and theoretical computer science. In particular, my work focuses upon graph theory, algorithmic game theory, algorithms and discrete optimization.
- Mahsa Daneshmand
- Oksana Pichugina
- Arnoosh Golestanian (co-supervisor H. Fukś)
- Asefeh Salarinezhad (co-supervisor H. Fukś)
- John Clement (co-supervisor H. Fukś)
- Omid Atabati
- Hediyeh Tehrani
- Susanna Ferreri
- Majid Karimi
- Samaneh Malekan (co-supervisor H. Ben-El-Mechaiekh)
- Yi Cao (co-supervisor H. Fukś)
Prospective Graduate Students
Normally, all full-time graduate students (both domestic and international) will be offered competitive financial support consisting of a graduate fellowship, a teaching assistantship, plus a research stipend from a Graduate Faculty supervisor. Complete application instructions and application components are outlined here.
Make sure you list your research areas and the faculty members you’d like to work with in your application. Students interested in working with me should have completed courses in discrete mathematics, algorithms and/or graph theory. You may send me your resume and your (unofficial) transcript got a preliminary assessment.
- with Dirk O. Theis, Random lifts of K5\e are 3-colourable, SIAM Journal in Discrete Mathematics, 26(1): 169-176 (2012).
- with Lap Chi Lau, Van Bang Le and Nguyen Ngoc Tuy, Complexity of Finding Graph Roots with Girth Conditions, Algorithmica, 62(1-2): 38-53 (2012).
- Planar Graphs without 7-cycles are 4-choosable, SIAM Journal on Discrete Mathematics, 23(3): 1179-1199 (2009).
- with Mike Molloy, On the edge density of 4-critical graphs, Combinatorica, 29(6): 665-689 (2009).
- with Neil Olver and Adrian Vetta, A Priority-Based Model of Routing, Chicago Journal of Theoretical Computer Science, Article #1, 2008.
- with Mohammad Mahdian, Ebad S. Mahmoodian, Bardia Sadri and Amin Saberi, Forced Orientation of Graphs, Bulletin of the IMS, 32(1): 79-89 (2006).
- with Mike Molloy and Bruce Reed, (\Delta-k)-critical Graphs, Journal of Combinatorial Theory (Series B), 93(2): 173-185 (2005).
- CanaDAM 2013 4th biennial Canadian Discrete and Algorithmic Mathematics Conference, June 10-13, 2013, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada
- WG 2013 39th International Workshop on Graph-Theoretic Concepts in Computer Science, June 19-21, 2013, Lubeck, Germany
- BCC 2013 24th British Combinatorial Conference, June 30 – July 5, 2013, University of London, UK
Courses I have taught and/or am teaching. These courses and their resources are available through Sakai.
- MATH 1P66 – Mathematical Reasoning
- MATH 1P67 – Mathematics for Computer Science
- MATH 2P71 – Introduction to Combinatorics
- MATH 4P71 – Combinatorics
- MATH 5P35 – Graph Theory
- MATH 5P36 – Algorithmic Game Theory