Undergraduate international students currently enrolled in a Math and Science program are encouraged to apply for one of 10 opportunities to gain research experience under the supervision of a faculty member. Each scholarship is valued at $1500 and requires the student to work approximately 60 hours anytime between May 1, 2021 and April 30, 2022 (the dates and experience to be negotiated with the faculty mentor). Payments will be made in monthly instalments based on the details of the agreement between the student and supervisor (e.g. four payments for a four-month agreement).
To be eligible for this opportunity, students must meet the following criteria:
- Be an international student enrolled in an undergraduate program from the Faculty of Mathematics and Science at Brock University
- Have completed 5 or more credits in the undergraduate program
- Possess a minimum cumulative average of 75%
Note: Preference will be given to a Faculty of Mathematics and Science supervisor.
How to Apply:
- Seek out a faculty mentor. Discuss the opportunity with professors involved in any of the Faculty of Mathematics and Science programs to find out if they can take you on as a research scholarship student.
- Once a faculty mentor has agreed, print and complete the application form below, fill in all required signatures and information then either email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit to the Dean of Mathematics and Science office – located in MCD 408. (please note the Dean’s Office is currently closed due to COVID-19) Email submissions are preferred.
- Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until all 10 scholarships are filled. You will be notified on the status of your application within 10 working days of your submission.
Please see below for a listing of Faculty members who are available for this opportunity. This is not a complete listing. Should you wish to conduct research with a faculty member not listed, please reach out to them directly to confirm their availability and the details of your agreement.
- Paul Zelisko – email@example.com
Director, Advanced Biomanufacturing Centre/Instructor, Chemistry –
- Jeff Stuart – firstname.lastname@example.org
Associate Professor, Biological Sciences
- Dawn Good – email@example.com
Director, Neuroscience/Associate Professor Psychology
- Gary Pickering – firstname.lastname@example.org
Professor, Biological Sciences