WHAT IS IT?
This course is focused on preparing start-ups to pitch to angel investors. Participants will work with proven templates to start gathering the information that investors are seeking. They will also practice their pitch and get feedback on how to answer questions to better engage potential investors.
Participants will attend virtual discussion groups to help them progress, ask questions of the course leader and review the homework assignments.
PARTICIPANTS WILL FINISH THE PROGRAM:
- Clear on what information investors are seeking and how to start gathering that information
- With a coherent understanding of the most important aspects of their business
- Able to answer questions in a way that engages potential investors
- With access to proven templates and formats
- Introduction – In this first module participants will be introduced to the program creators, given a brief overview of what they will learn from the program, and sources of capital that might be available before looking to external investment.
- 18 Questions – This second module will reveal the 18 fundamental questions that investors want answered. Questions will be broken down into personal, technical, and financial questions.
- Pitch Prep – During this module participants will polish their pitch by choosing the right details to share, become aware of mistakes to avoid, and how to target the right investors for their pitch. Included in this module is a sample of Angel One’s pitch evaluation score card, and one-pager templates.
- Reality Check – This section will have participants re-evaluate their plan to source funding and their commitment after working through the 18 fundamental questions and pitch preparation. The module will discuss the importance of a valuation and uncover the reasons why investors walk away.
- Pitching in a Time of Uncertainty – This last module will guide participants through the realities of pitching in a time of uncertainty. Topics will include pandemic realities and other unpredictable events, the current fundraising environment, the importance of competitive pitching, and looking forward to what the marketplace could look like in the future.
Investment Readiness access is available by invitation only. Please contact us at BrockLINC@brocku.ca to set up a LINC Consultation to discuss your business needs.