The James A. Gibson Library and the Instructional Resource Centre (IRC) have large collections of films in VHS and DVD formats. To find films:
- Search by Keyword for your topic in the Library Catalogue. Be sure to limit your search by Material Type (DVD or Video) or by Location (Sound and Video Collection or IRC).
- Search by Title if you are looking for a specific item.
- VHS tapes and DVDs have a 2 week loan period.
Booking Service for Faculty
As a service to faculty, both the Gibson Library and Instructional Resource Centre offer a booking service for video materials held in our collections. This service ensures you have the item you need in time to present it to your class.
- Gibson Library bookings can be made via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- IRC materials can be booked via phone at x3357 (St. Catharines) or x3612 (Hamilton).
Requesting Films From Other Universities
If the item you need is not available at Brock, faculty members have access to the over 30,000 film titles held at all Ontario universities. Interfilm is a cooperative catalogue which allows you to search for the film you need and request its delivery to Brock via courier. Please note: Interfilm policy requests you make your request at least 10 working days prior to the show date. Typical loan periods are for 2-3 days only.
- Search for the film you need.
- Record the six-digit call number (in parenthesis after the film title).
- Requests are filled by staff in Audio Visual Services (Thistle 235)
- Contact Phil Nardangeli or John Culp with the following information:
The call number, name and format (VHS or DVD) of the film.
Your name, telephone extension and email address.
Classroom location, start and finish times to ensure projection
equipment is available.
- You will be contacted by email to confirm the availability of the film.
- Two days before you are to show the film, you can pick it up at Audio Visual Services in Thistle 235.