Due to COVID-19, the Interfilm service has been temporarily suspended. Faculty can still place requests for streaming video and DVDs.
The Library offers several options for using films in your classes.
Brock students and faculty can consult our streaming video guide to search existing streaming collections.
Requests for new streaming videos can be submitted via the new acquisition request form.
DVDs – Booking Service for Faculty
DVDs found in the Brock University Library collection can be placed on reserve for classes or can be booked in advance for viewing in class. The Library and the Instructional Resource Centre offer this booking service for faculty.
- Materials from the James A. Gibson library can be booked via email to email@example.com.
- IRC materials can be booked via phone at x3357 (St. Catharines) or x3612 (Hamilton).
Requesting Films From Other Universities (Interfilm)
Faculty may request films not owned by Brock Library from other Ontario universities. Interfilm is a cooperative catalogue which allows you to search for the film you need and request its delivery to Brock via courier.
Please note: Interfilm policy requests you make your request at least 10 working days prior to the show date. Typical loan periods are for 2-3 days only.
- Search for the film you need and record the six-digit catalogue number (in parenthesis after the film title).
- Submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org including:
- Catalogue number
- Format (VHS or DVD)
- You will be contacted by email to confirm the availability of the film.
- Two days before you are to show the film, you can pick it up at the Library Ask Us desk.