Students, faculty and staff can access book chapters and journal articles from print-only sources by requesting a scan for delivery right to your inbox. There is no charge for this service.
In order to comply with Brock’s Fair Dealing Policy, we can only provide scans of ‘short excerpts’: typically one chapter, one article, or 10% of a copyright-protected work.
To make your request:
- Search Omni for your item.
- Click on Request a Scan (ensure you are signed in).
- Enter the details about the excerpt needed: which chapter OR which volume/ issue/ article.
- Library staff will notify you by email when the scan is ready and include the download link. You can expect your scan within 3-4 business days.
- The link allows for 5 downloads, and expires after 30 days.
The following print materials are not available to scan:
- Items held in Archives and Special Collections or in the Instructional Resource Centre.
- Maps and atlases.
- Any book held by the Brock University Library for which there is an electronic equivalent in the Hathi Trust.