How we helped during the Pandemic
The Brock University Library Makerspace has used some of our resources to help during this time and join the fight against the spread of COVID-19. Due to the increase in access to PPE we are no longer making face shields in house.
This is a database for all companies that are selling PPE and other sanitation supplies for employers to equip their staff with in response to COVID-19.
Equipment is categorized by parts of the body, province/city availability, and contact information to immediately get in touch.
Do you have access to a 3D printer and would like to help #flattenthecurve? Here are some ways you can get involved in the Niagara Region.
- The Niagara Health Foundation is accepting donations of any shields, masks, or other safety equipment, an can be reached by calling 905-323-3863 or messaging firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shop3D.ca, a 3D printing resource for models and printers alike have started a specific page Covidstop.ca, where they pay for the shipping/consumables to send/distribute face shields.
- Contact Niagara EMS Community Relations Specialist Bryce Brunarski at Bryce.Burnarski@niagararegion.ca.
- The Canadian Shield is a new company forged from Inksmith, a maker company based in academic education, and are providing their own crafted PPE for workers on the front lines in hospitals and other medical institutions. They have been approved by Health Canada and are confirmed safe to use in these environments.
- To order, go to their website’s order form.
- For further questions or information you can contact Stephanie at
The Face Shield design is available on Prusa’s site with downloadable files for modelling and 3D printing programs. Be sure to follow all instructions for production and assembly .
If you have the materials necessary to print your own Face Shields from your location, be sure to sanitize your work area to maintain the cleanest space possible! With this particular model, there is a specific way to disinfect that Prusa has explained on their site.
It’s important that we all do our best to keep up to date with any and all developments during this time. This is something that affects all of us, regardless of department or faculty, staff or student. By coming together, we can work towards solutions to make our environment safer.
Be sure to follow us on our Twitter and Instagram to stay up to date on our progress and email us at email@example.com if you have any questions, suggestions or would like to offer your help with this initiative.
For more information and external resources, please go to Brock’s page on COVID-19.
October 28, 2020
October 19, 2020
October 15, 2020
March 30, 2020
October 8, 2019