These guidelines pertain to Brock University departments, committees or organizations who wish to use the exhibit/display space in the Matheson Learning Commons. The Matheson Learning Commons welcomes exhibits that support/highlight the learning, teaching and research activities of Brock University.
We reserve the right to refuse exhibits, cancel displays, and request removal, if necessary.
Exhibit spaces include 2 display cases inside the Learning Commons and 2 display cases outside the south entrance, along the Thistle Corridor.
When planning your display, please note the following:
- Measurements for the display cases are as follows:
- Learning Commons interior: 80″ wide x 17.75″ high x 12″ deep. (200 cm x 44 cm x 31 cm)
- Thistle Corridor: 60.5″ wide x 16.5″ high x 12″ deep. (151 cm x 41 cm x 31 cm)
- Please be respectful. Your exhibit should be free of discrimination or harassment based on race, religion, gender, ability, ethnicity, national origin, or sexual orientation.
- Displays should not be used to promote or advertise, whether directly or indirectly, a commercial product or service.
- Exhibit space is available in 1 or 2 week blocks. Longer display periods can sometimes be accommodated.
- You are responsible for the set up and the dismantling of your display.
- The Learning Commons and the Library will not be responsible for lost, stolen or damaged materials.
Please submit your proposal via the Exhibit Request form for consideration.