Policy and Submission Procedure
The Matheson Learning Commons is equipped with a four-screen LCD video wall for the presentation of various forms of digital content. The Digital Art Wall is situated at the south entrance next to comfortable seating and group work areas, enriching the collaborative and lively atmosphere of the Learning Commons.
Submissions by Brock University students, faculty, staff and alumni are welcome. Projects related to the teaching, learning and research activities at Brock are encouraged.
The Digital Art Wall resides within a study/work area and the needs of users will take precedence.
- The Digital Art Wall may not be used to promote or advertise, whether directly or indirectly, a commercial product or service; urge support or opposition to any political candidate or issue; or urge support of or opposition to any religion or religious belief.
- The Library reserves the right to delete or reject any content (without notice) that at our discretion is deemed abusive, defamatory, obscene, pornography or is in violation of copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights.
- The exhibit must be available by Internet link (eg. Youtube, Vimeo) or email attachment. Any physical media submitted must be clearly labelled with exhibitor’s name and contact email address.
- Exhibitors may include a short statement (200 words) describing the project for posting in the pillar-mounted holder across from the Digital Art Wall. Please include the contact information of the creator in the statement.
- A single .JPG image (1280×720) may also be provided which may be used for promotional purposes on the Library website or on signage.
- Any special costs incurred in setting up and dismantling the exhibit and for any damage caused to the display space are the responsibility of the exhibitor.
- The use of the Learning Commons for events, lectures, receptions, etc. held in conjunction with an exhibit requires the approval of the Library.
- Installation/take down must occur at the agreed date and time.
- Please submit content to Evelyn Smith.
Please note: Audio cannot be displayed as it disturbs users in work/study spaces.
- Still Images:
Must be in .jpg format.
Must be formatted as a video file (see below).
File formats: WMV, AVI, MPG, MPEG, WEBM, MP4 files up to a maximum size of 2000M
Must be 1280×720 pixels
Draft: May 2011, updated January 2019