Learn about tourism, hospitality, destination and event management in a fun and exciting environment from top-notch professors and work at of the most successful tourism attractions in the world.
This unique program offers students a six-month study abroad experience in the traditional classroom and in a formal work setting. Students will take classes and earn 2.5 credits from the University of Florida while participating in academic training and gaining valuable experience at Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.
Students are required to take 4 courses, which will transfer back to Brock as 2.5 credits.
For more information about the course descriptions, please visit the University of Florida website below:
Applicants are reminded that this opportunity will involve a variety of frontline settings that may or may not be related to your studies. Possible employment opportunities include the following: concierge, character performer, lifeguard, resort hospitality, front desk operations, costuming, operations, merchandise, food and beverage.
For more information about the internships roles, please visit the University of Florida website below:
Program Fee (2020): $3,998.04 USD
To learn more about the programs fees, please visit the below University of Florida website:
Please note that prospective participants must first submit an application to Brock International Services.
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a Brock undergraduate student currently enrolled in classes
- Must have completed a minimum of 10.0 Brock credits prior to the anticipated start date of the program
- Must have a minimum 75 per cent overall average
- Preference given to TMGT majors
Additional Application Requirements
- Submit completed application by deadline (December 1, 2019)
- Statement of Purpose (1 page, double-spaced, statement of your personal, academic and professional reasons for wanting to participate in the Brock Internship program. Please include relevant work experience, relevant volunteer experience, reasons why you’re interested in the program, and why you would be a good fit with internship program)
- Copy of your Brock University Program Plan (from your Academic Advisor) (optional)
- $75 Program Fee (paid at time of Brock interview)
Please note: Students who are successful in their application to join the Brock University International Internship Program will be nominated to the University of Florida (UF) by Brock International Services. There is a second in-person interview that will be hosted by the UF/Disney representatives, which typically takes place at the beginning of March. The interview may take place on another Ontario campus, and all applicants are required to attend.